cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Screen after update.

Journeyman

Black Screen after update.

I've been a loyal Sprint customer since 2005. I purchased a Evo 3d the day it was released.  I had some problems with the original phone in the last year and a half but nothing too bad.  Eventually the phone (#1) had a problem with the top part of the touch screen.  I went to sprint in March payed $50 dollars for a replacement.  2 days later it started having hard resets for anything it disagreed with. I called Sprint customer care that day.  The rep told me I would need to return to the store that replaced my original phone.  I told her that wouldn't be possible in the 14 day period.  I then asked her to make note in my account (apparently she didn't).  Now the BIG problem!  Thursday May 16th I received an update on my phone. I wasn't for sure if downloading it was a good idea due to the problems I've already had with this phone (#2).  I decided it couldn't hurt, so I downloaded it.  After the install the phone restarted but now the screen doesn't work.  The phone still works(using bluetooth in my car) but does me no good with a black screen.  I've been to my local Sprint store only to have them tell me that I need to pay another $50. That's not going to happen!  This phone was a piece of Junk when they sold it to me in March.  I'm lucky enough to be out of contract.  I'm sure another carrier would happily take my $180 a month.  I believe in business they call it the "Lifetime value of a customer" and Sprint has drawn a line in the sand over $50 dollars.  I will be taking my upgrade money to another carrier if this isn't resolved.  Obviously this can't be resolved at the local level or through the 1 800 customer service level. 

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: Black Screen after update.

I had the same screen occur after the last update. It works in the car and the text message lights blink. I have 2 other of the same phones and have not updated them..

Journeyman

Wow... no responses?   I was thinking about taking the update today, but I thought it wise to check in here first to see what other people's experiences with it have been.   I dodged the Swype-breaking update a few months ago.. perhaps I've dodged another potential update nightmare?   The only other thread regarding this update has a non-working camera issue.   Has everyone abandoned the 3D at this point?

Thanks for any updates you can provide!

Journeyman

My son-in-law has gone through 4 Evo3D phones due to different malfunctions. The latest is black screen where the buttons light but no image on the screen. He has only had this particular phone maybe 2 months now, and already having problems! That's pretty ridiculous, and after reading all the posts on the various problems with these phones, I really wonder why they are even still available? He is getting very tired of having to bring his phone in to get serviced or repaired, and the timing is really bad because today is a Sunday and he leaves tomorrow morning to work out of town for the next week. He will have to take his wife's phone with him, while she deals with trying to get his replaced or repaired, leaving her with two young children and no phone. Very disappointed with the quality of these HTC Evo3Ds! My contract is up in December, and after several years with Sprint, I will probably be going prepaid with another carrier.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat