cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera malfunction

Highlighted
Journeyman

Camera malfunction

This morning, I open up the camera app, and, to my surprise (okay, not really a surprise since I have so many issues with this phone), I see a bunch of lines going across the screen.  Since I'm at work, I don't have much time to look into the issue, so I first turn the phone off, wait a minute, and turn it back on.  That doesn't resolve the issue.  At lunch, I shut the phone off, remove the battery, wait a minute, replace the battery, turn it back on, and that does resolve the issue.

Has anybody else had the same issue?

I think it's ridiculous the number of times that I've had to pull the battery in order to resolve an issue on these Android phones -- I've had the EVO 4G and EVO 3D.  In 15-months of owning an iPhone 3GS, do you know how many times I had to pull the battery?  Zero.  I could't tell you what the battery looks like.  If you add in the 14-months that my wife had her iPhone 3GS, which never had to have the battery pulled, that's 29-months of using iPhone and not have an issue that required a battery pull to resolve it.  This is just one of many issues that I've had with these phones.  I've had to pull the batteries on the 3 Samsung Replenish phones that my family members have too.  We've never had to go through this with any other phones.  It seems to me the common denominator is the Android OS.

Tags (3)
6 REPLIES 6
GrandMaster

Camera malfunction

settings-applications-manage applications-all-camera. clear the data.

should fix it.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Camera malfunction

Thanks, fireguy_6364!  I will try that if I have a problem with the camera in the future.  Doing that won't delete any pictures in my gallery, will it?

GrandMaster

Camera malfunction

nope. all it does is resets your settings on your camera.

every time i took a pic and tried to delete it my phone would restart. others had the miss timed flash while taking pics. this usually fixes it. if not then you'll have to take it into a repair store and have them look at it. but this should fix the problem for you.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Camera malfunction

My evo 3d does the same thing. i am so sick of it and they dont no how to fix it they just hide it. my son had a wrestling meet today. I and i couldnt make it go away today. So no pics thank htc for this junk. Between the batteries going bad to the camera this to the slow everything and locks up all the time. Should have left sprint before i bought this POS.

Camera malfunction

I haven't had the lines in the screen issue but I have experienced the screen lock up when going to the camera function.  I was able to get out of the program by touching the home button, the back button wouldn't work.  When I tried to use the camera again I had the same result so I rebooted the phone and so far its working.  I never had any problems with my EVO 4g camera so I hope this is an isolated incident. has anyone else had this problem?

Journeyman

Camera malfunction

My wife's Evo3D had this problem, we moved the 3D/2D buttom left and right a couple of times fixed the lines on screen problem.  Give this a try.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat