cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can thief use my stolen 3D?

Go to solution
Journeyman

So my 3D was stolen last night. I figured I'm not getting it back so I did a wipe. Does anyone know if the person who stole the phone can still make phone calls and purchases via the android market before my replacement is shipped and that phone is deactivated?

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Master

If you ordered replacement through Asurion due to lost/stolen- they put the device on a blacklist of serial numbers that cannot be activated.  Therefore your phone can not be used in any way.  If you wiped it, then your gmail address is not on it either and so they cannot buy apps even on wifi - they would need your gmail address & password...so I think your phone is locked down and completely unusable.  However, you can feel free to chat with us or call us and we'll make sure it has the lost/stolen flag on the device as well.  Sorry it got stolen!

Thank you

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Master

If you ordered replacement through Asurion due to lost/stolen- they put the device on a blacklist of serial numbers that cannot be activated.  Therefore your phone can not be used in any way.  If you wiped it, then your gmail address is not on it either and so they cannot buy apps even on wifi - they would need your gmail address & password...so I think your phone is locked down and completely unusable.  However, you can feel free to chat with us or call us and we'll make sure it has the lost/stolen flag on the device as well.  Sorry it got stolen!

Thank you

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Can thief use my stolen 3D?

I have lost my HTC 3D ,can you help me tracking it

Highlighted
Master

Re: Can thief use my stolen 3D?

If you have other phones on your account, you can sign up for Sprint Family Locator.  If the phone is powered on and has the GPS radio active, SFL maybe able to locate it for you. 

Tom

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/423873#423873

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat