Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Unblock a few people

Highlighted
Journeyman

Here is the problem

I have added several people to the blocked caller list on my EVO 3D.  I now want to go in there and remove these people so that the calls can get through.  Here is the problem... It won't unblock them.  I go to People > Menu > More > Blocked Callers > Hold on name > Unblock > Press OK.  Says at the bottom that this person has been unblocked, but they still remain in the list, cannot call me, and under their name in my Contacts list, it says Block Caller is on.

I have tried closing the People program, no dice... Restarting the phone, no dice...  Anybody have a suggestion or solution to this problem? 

I have also had the same thing happen in the opposite direction... Tried to add people to the list and it wouldn't add them.  Now that they are there, I've removed three, but I cannot get the rest to come off.

This EVO 3D is good, but my god does it have some serious bugs that need worked out.

5 REPLIES 5
Wizard

Hello!

I will confess I haven't heard about this blocking issue yet. Have you tried to delete one of the contacts blocked and readding them?

Journeyman

JPSquared wrote:

Hello!

I will confess I haven't heard about this blocking issue yet. Have you tried to delete one of the contacts blocked and readding them?

That is what I finally tried and it did fix the problem.  Just re-setting up everyone I had in that list is sort of a pain in the rear.

Wizard

Sorry about that pain, how many contacts are we looking at? There are a couple of ways that might work to reduce the work load, but it would be more initial work to setup, so it would have to be a good number of them to make it worth it.

Journeyman

JPSquared wrote:

Sorry about that pain, how many contacts are we looking at? There are a couple of ways that might work to reduce the work load, but it would be more initial work to setup, so it would have to be a good number of them to make it worth it.

I believe I had six added to the block list over the weekend.  Wanted to remove them this morning, but the phone said no go.

Wizard

In this case, manually doing it would likely be best, as my effort would take even more work than just doing it. One trick that may make it easier for you is doing all of this through Gmail rather then the phone, if the contacts are set to be saved on the Gmail account. It may take a moment for the changes to sync over, so once you delete them, give it a minute and then they should disappear from the phone. Same with readding them, it may also take a minute or two for it to force the changes down.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat