cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connectivity issues with the Evo 3D.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Connectivity issues with the Evo 3D.

Is anyone else experiencing as much trouble as I am with my Evo 3D? It seems as if I have to reset the phone, the prl and then the profile whenever I can't send or receive text messages, watch netflix or make calls without them dropping.

I speak with Sprint techs online and they tell me to bring it to their stores. I bring it to their stores and the store techs tell me the phone is fine. Getting tired of the runaround and would like to know if I'm the only one.

7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

Re: Connectivity issues with the Evo 3D.

Same problem here. Freezes up all the time, can't connect to wirless. Not the phone I was told it would be. VERY unsatisfied!

Journeyman

I'm having the SAME issues as well and they have suggested I take it in to the store as well. I refuse to do this as this is the second replacement phone I have gotten. I may be moving onto another company if Sprint refuses to properly handle this.

Journeyman

I have had this phone for almost a year and never had these issues. I never have to reboot my phone unless something I chose to do and it asks for a reboot or every now and then I shut it off to have a break from calls.

Journeyman

I have had issues with randomly dropping calls, not being able to open mms texts, randomly not recieving sms texts, reception issues going from roaming to digital while sitting completely still. Its weird, im hoping the ICS update for the phone will help, The Sense Weather app on the man screen doesnt even work anymore, unless you manually click on it to see the weather, then it updates after closing it. Being a 10 year customer this Oct with 9 active lines, 3 out of contract, and with less than assistive consultants from the Sprint Cue end, im going to start shopping for a new carrier. Im sure someone would like me to pay them $500, and take care of me for that kind of monthly payment. Very sad that Sprint has gone this direction

Journeyman

Your not alone.  I bought a HTC 3D in April 2012.  I am on my third one and will be getting the fourth by Wednesday ( I won't be holding my breath).  I have had all the issues I think are available and made count less trips to Sprint "techs".  And for my trouble?  An offer of $10 credit on my bill. All I want is a phone that works.

I have been a happy Sprint customer since 2003.  I will be paying to end my contract and I tell everyone who will listen that Sprint does not care for their customers.  Only prospective customers.  Once you sign the contract your just a customer.  Unless your a day late making your payment.

Journeyman

nope i have the same problem im always dropping calls and sprint dont seem to care

Journeyman

On my second EVO 3D.  Sense Weather app rarely works.  Sprint Phone Coverage Map indicates I would have "good/2 bars" coverage at my residence.  Phone roams instead.  Have to reboot nearly daily.  Have been to Sprint Techs 4 times, all say phone is fine and no rogue apps.  Tried Airave, that didn't provide any help to phone signal through my Hughesnet Dish and returned Airave.  Customer service doesn't even respond to my inquiries online now.  To sum up my experience - Sprint falsely advertises coverage/reception, signal roams regularly, and Sprint tells me I have to live with it - or pay $300 early termination fee.  I suppose I should take comfort in that Dan Hesse gave up his bonus this year...

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat