ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contacts and GAL = Global Address List

Journeyman

On my older EVO 4G in contacts there was a globe that I could click on and search my company directory or GAL for contacts.  I cannot find this on the new 3D.  Was it Moved?  Removed?  I cannot seem to find it.

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

I just start typing the name i am looking for and the screen has a "Search contacts in your Company Directory" button under any founds contacts.

Journeyman

I can find the contact that way to email them, but I cannot look up phone numbers or address book info from the GAL that way.  That was mainly what I used it for when on call so I did not have to add  contacts into my phone for people I rarely call from work.  If I click on the contact after adding them to and email it only shows their email address and only contact numbers stored locally in the phone. 

Journeyman

Bizzare, if I am in People and search for someone that I have never emailed or called from work they come up and I click them and have all the relevant information that is in the GAL.

Journeyman

Very Strange.  My company contacts would pop up if I was in email, but I could not get them too like you suggested in contacts\people.  I deleted my company email account, readded it and now its working as you just mentioned.  Issue resolved.  Thanks for your help.  Odd that they would no show up the first time, but its working now and thats all that matters.

Journeyman

Ahha, you have to start typing something before that shows and then you can search. I kept trying to browse for people without any input yet.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat