cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defective EVO 3D

Journeyman

Defective EVO 3D

I have a family plan with 6 lines.  I have been with Sprint for 13 years and have never had problems.  Whenever I have had concerns, they were taken care of immediately and effectively.  That's why I have stayed for so long.   However, last fall my son got an EVO 3d.  I don't know if the phone was defective or this is just a terrible phone, but they have repaired and replaced it several times and I am still have major problems.  I DO NOT want another one like it.  The only options Sprint offered me was to give me another EVO 3d or  PURCHASE a refurbished phone of another type.  THIS IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!!!!  I didn't ask for a new phone or a fancy phone...just a phone that works!!!  I am so disappointed with Sprint I am willing to pay $1300 to leave.

11 REPLIES 11
Master

Re: Defective EVO 3D

I am sorry you are having an issue with the device.  The program under for the extended warranty is a warranty on the device  we will fix or replace the device depending on the situation.  We do not have an option of a  different device.   Some times a sorry may have the option  on some phones with certain issues..  

Journeyman

I have had continued problems with my Evo 3D also.  A couple of weeks ago I spent hours on the phone with several Sprint employees.  Finally a supervisor took the call and told me the problem wasn't my phone, it was my line of service, and any phone they put on my line wouldn't work properly.  Okay, sounded logical.  This was my second Evo 3D and I had a Hero prior to this that also had some issues (though not as bad). The supervisor had the representative fill out a repair ticket for Sprint engineer to take a look at the line and would call me within 72 hours...No phone call.  A few days later I was in a Store buying a new blue tooth.  The rep in the store looked up and saw there was a tower problem...said they were working on it.  So after a year of complaining about the 3D, I still have the same issues.  My phone constantly drops calls, I get text messages hours, sometimes days after they are sent.  My text messages sometimes go through, and some times I receive a notice that it isn't going through, and being saved as a draft.  Even when was on the phone with me, it dropped the call, and the first two reps were unable to call me back. Sprint  has exchanged the Evo 3D, put an airwave in my house, and nothing has helped.  Either Sprint repair techs and engineers are very incompetent or this phone is a bust! Or they just aren't fixing anything when I take the phone in or call their repair service.

Sprint and the Evo 3D has become a great frustration.  I am still no closer to getting issues resolved and feel I am just getting lip service.  I too have been with Sprint for years, but not sure I will stay.  I have 4G phones with no 4G service.  It takes me minutes to Google things, friends ATT is seconds.  Not sure unlimited Data is worth it, since I have to wait so long for the data to come through on my phone. And that is if the phone doesn't crash or freeze.

Journeyman

I know how you feel, Im on my Third Evo 3D Service sucks on this phone. I had the first Evo and service was on it but not as bad as this phone I hate this phone. If they have some many peolpe calling in say this phone sucks you would think they would do something about it. I have call to have them walk through trouble shooting my phone but I know these phone pretty good so I know what there going to tell before they say it. And when you take it to the service center all there going to do is reset your phone and update the software, stuff that i had already did at home. I have wasted some much time on the phone and at the service center. what ever happened to taking care of the customer? That went out the door lol.

Wizard

14KNIGHT wrote:

I am sorry you are having an issue with the device.  The program under for the extended warranty is a warranty on the device  we will fix or replace the device depending on the situation.  We do not have an option of a  different device.   Some times a sorry may have the option  on some phones with certain issues..  

To my knowledge, after three repairs for the same problem a comparable device is offered. Has that changed?

Journeyman

Sprint sold customers another defective phone that they KNEW was defective. OP, you and everyone  who has the HTC Evo 3D are not crazy. This is a defective phone and Sprint refuses to admit it.

My husband & I both had the Samsung Moment phone prior to the HTC Evo 3D. That phone was a dud after six months. Two defective phones back-to-back = 4 years for expensive bricks. Sprint is knowingly selling defective phones.

I don't know what kind of deal Sprint made with some of these phone manufacturers and 'insurance company' but I know that I did not sign on to be a paying beta tester for Sprint.

I'm DONE.

Journeyman

I completely understand your fustration. I have the HTC EVO 3D as well and it's been nothing but downhill the moment I got it. They only gave me 1 option which is to get another refurbished phone that probably doesn't work in the first place. HTC is just as bad as I have sent it in for repair and well they didn't repair since they couldn't recreate my issue. Sprint only resets to factory which basically is like clearing everything out which does nothing as I don't believe these issues are software related at all. It's hardware they don't fix it. Indeed, this is unacceptable behaviour. Honestly, I would not be complaining if they weren't knowingly selling defective phones. I mean there are so many refurbish phones for a reason. It's not because it's a good phone. I will admit not all HTC EVO 3D's are defective but for the people that do have this issue Sprint is obviously trying to pretend as if this issue doesn't exist. On this forum alone there are a number of people complaining. It's ridiculous.

Journeyman

Hi,

I had the same problems with the Evo3d, less so with the evo 4G, but with all sprint phones I had too many dropped calls, dropped texts, missed calls and texts. These were outside in a clear signal area near towers and even with the radioactive airwave in my house the 3d just didnt work right (my fiance has been sick with some mystery disease ever since I had this airwave 1 year ago!?!).

Anyway, Its SPRINT that is the problem. I demanded they end my contract after spending about 20 hours on phone trying to resolve a $300 charge that just popped up. They would clear it and wallah! it came back the next month! Some reps told me it was legit, so I would have to go over their heads and eventualy get to the right department, which kept no notes about it so I would have to go through the whole thing AGAIN and AGAIN! I went to Verizon, and ya it costs more but I have yet to have a dropped call in 8 months. I never miss a text now. I always have a 4G signal.

Sprint will NEVER have 4G except in a spotty area in big cities. Dont believe they ever will. Its an empty promise!

Just go with Verizon and you will save millions in aggrivation XD

Journeyman

The thing is I'm in contract I will not PAY them to go to better service they should provide me with that good service and if they don't they'll just keep hearing me annoy them. Verizon isn't that great for internet services so I don't know how great they are with cellphones. So eh. I just want better service on the network that I'm already on when it ends fine I'll switch over but now they should be giving us good service, not the bad attitude they are trying to give.

Journeyman

I've been following this issue closely. The EVO3D phones are defective and were pulled off the market by Sprint after only one year of being on the market.  We like many many others are dealing with the same issues on these 3d phones.  Lockups, CONSTANT (every two minutes ON THE DOT yesterday) reboots, etc.  The worst part about this is Sprint will not even let me upgrade early out of this phone model.  They just offer another defective EVO3D or worse you can choose a refurbished old phone model like the 'hero' model that is SUCH a downgrade and is SUCH old technology that I couldn't believe my ears when they offered it.

I am losing business because of this phone!  I offered to pay more money  for the option to just simply upgrade early, thereby paying more money for a new model phone, thereby paying more money by signing another two year contract AND THEY WOULDN'T do it!!  Something fishy is going on behind the scenes..  I think it has something to do with Sprint trying to avoid a  major product recall that would undoubtedly hurt their share price.  By trying to ignore the issue the customer is getting steamrolled!  Wow.  Someone said to write to Dan@Sprint.com who can hopefully do something.

Journeyman

We should all email him. As you say the phone is already off the market and it seems like it could be even an HTC thing as they have problems even with their newest phones. I'm not saying HTC must make bad phones but they sure seem to be giving that impression. Also HTC makes you pay your own shipping. Meanwhile THEY sold ME the defective phone. Samsung will PAY for your shipping of the phone. HTC has some horrible business practices. From that alone I like Samsung better. The fact that sprint doesn't help their customers is unacceptable. What is the point of me paying for the services of sprint if my phone doesn't even work? That makes no sense. I really hope all HTC phones can be tested more thoroughly before arriving into the hands of customers. As of right now my HTC EVO 3D is going on yet another restart cycle. Thanks for nothing Sprint.

Journeyman

I am disappointed but glad to know I'm not the only one dealing with this evo 3D issue and some of the Worst customer service ever. I have listened to that elevator music for one too many hours today trying to get my daughter's phone replaced with a phone that doesn't have a known defect(s). I too have been with Sprint for a very long time, through enormous errored statements and discontinued replacement phones or parts for a phone I just purchased to customer service representative from a bad cartoon or comedy. The fact that they refuse to acknowledge the issues with these phones(crashing black screen of death or battery issues) and just simply replace the problem phones with another of equal or lesser price shows they have shot the finger at their customer base and it's nothing we can do. I have 7 lines with them so canceling contracts would kill my credit and I believe that's what makes it so easy for them to apologize and put me on hold all day. It'll come back on them when enough complaints about the way they deal loyal customers hits the right blog or social network.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat