cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defective phone restart cycles, shutting down constantly, overheating

Journeyman

Defective phone restart cycles, shutting down constantly, overheating

Sprint is a disgusting company. I've been calling them and talking to them about the issue. Don't know if it was before.They've constantly been pretending there is nothing wrong with this phone and that every issue known is unknown to them. I'm pretty sure they know about this discussion forum when they are the ones who have created it. I asked to speak with a manager to which I was refused. I spoke with countless technicians only to be given lies after lies that there is nothing wrong with the phone, when obviously there are. They are technicians, they should know by now that I can't be the only one with issues with the phone especially similar issues as I've read here countless times. There are obviously issues with the phone if refurbish phones exist. I cannot believe they would try to make me pay if anyone should be paying it should be HTC and Sprint. I have already bought a phone and will not be paying more money to buy a refurbish phone what happens if that one doesn't work? Are there any guarantees it will be working? If I keep buying refurbished phones I might as well have bought a new phone. The issue here is my phone was defective to begin with. It's obvious that those minor restarts were a foreshadow to a much larger issue which is the phone has defective hardware. Sprint should be the one paying for this and so should HTC not the customer. I have not took my phone and smashed it with a hammer. Next time I send the phone in and it's humid I will have to pay for the "water" damage. Basically lies upon lies.

Some customers might be okay with how Sprint treats them but I am not one of those customers. I will speak up when something is wrong. I believe all the customers should speak up when they have been treated unfairly and been put in these situations. I'm speaking for customers who have had this situation and were afraid to demand fair treatment. We bought these phones, it's not as if we got them for free. They should work. I am not trying to rip Sprint off. I would not dedicate time to Sprint if my phone was actually working. I am not pretending to have issues with my phone just to get benefits or a new phone.

This is something that should have happened to begin with. I should have never gotten a defective phone and since I have they should give me a brand new phone. Don't try to switch it up and pretend as if I am the one doing something bad. I am paying money essentially for a phone that doesn't even work. I am paying for data services that essentially cannot be used since the phone isn't working. Why should I pay the phone bill if I can't even call or use the actual phone? They Sprint tells me I have to pay to get my phone checked, repaired and for a refurbish phone and then give them the phone I paid 100 dollars and up? Are you serious? Why don't you fix the phone that I ACTUALLY bought to begin with? I didn't pay so much money for the phone to be taken away from me then buying a used phone. Ridiculous. If HTC is giving you bad phones don't do business with them. If you are going to do business with such a bad company at least check their phones before you sell them to customers. I essentially bought a phone I can't use and Sprint is giving me one option. Buy a USED phone. As if I didn't pay enough for this defective phone they gave me. Horrendous. I will not stop until they actually give me a new working phone. I would not be wasting my time constantly calling them asking for what I should have gotten in the first place if they didn't give me this defective phone to begin with.

Sprint should be putting themselves in my situation. The managers and technicians should also put themselves in my position. Everyone that works at Sprint should put themselves in my position. If you get a defective phone that you paid for you should be getting real compensation. Such as fixing the phone you bought for free or getting a replacement that is new or a another phone that is new. Not this bad customer service we are given. Anyone would be upset in this situation.

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Defective phone restart cycles, shutting down constantly, overheating

I'm not sure this will help you, but I had a problem with my phone constantly rebooting, shuttind down and seeming to overheat.  What I found to be the problem was the

battery.  I had to send my phone in to be repaired only to get it back doing the same thing until I changed the battery.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm not sure this will help you, but I had a problem with my phone constantly rebooting, shuttind down and seeming to overheat.  What I found to be the problem was the

battery.  I had to send my phone in to be repaired only to get it back doing the same thing until I changed the battery.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Highlighted
Journeyman

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you for the help and reply. I've actually changed the battery. Unfortunately that wasn't the reason. It still did the same thing. The problem is when I sent it in they didn't really "repair" or "test" as they said they did. They said they tested the phone for 2 days. In only about 1 hour into recieving back my phone and my phone was exhibiting the same symptoms I had described. It had started to restart on a cycle and that was just from me opening the phone and just leaving it on. If they really tested the phone as they claimed they would have seen this issue.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I had similar problems guys. Phone would reboot, or just shut down as I was in a phone call, using the GPS or just looking at pictures, playing a game, etc etc. I noticed this problem more after I had charged my phone in my car. After many calls to customer service, stopping at Sprint stores, replacing the phone (yes, the phone was replaced), replacing the battery, the problem continued and I was very frustrated after one year. One day, a friend of mine, playing with my phone charger (the original), he tore it and I had to borrow a friend's extra charger while on a trip. After using my friend's charger for one week, I noticed that the phone had not rebooted nor shut down. The time came for me to go buy my own charger at Target, and started using it. Eversince this happened, which was summer of 2012, I have not had one single shut down, and the reboot seldom happens any more. I stopped using the car charger too, which is the original, but it also causes problems So, it might be a faulty charger in which the battery is not charged correctly.

Highlighted
Master

koky34,

Thanks for posting. I've come across this same post on multiple threads. I just wanting to touch bases with you and ensure that there aren't any other outstanding issues you'd like us to assist you with. Please keep us posted.

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team 

Highlighted
Journeyman

koky34, which charger did you buy? Thanks for the tip.

I might have to try that because yet again my phone is acting up and I've already replaced it. This is a horrible phone and if the issue is with the charger sprint should give us a new charger for free then. I've been using this phone for 2 years technically more like 1 year since my phone was replaced and now this new phone is acting up. This is the worse phone ever and I don't know why Sprint decided to sell this phone. I wish Sprint would start selling other phones from other companies. My phone just shut down probably during the day while I was working. I took it out of my bag and it was off. In the morning it was still on. I didn't even use it so I don't know why it would shut off. Sprint really needs to stop selling phones like this. It shouldn't even be happening at all. I seriously don't want to be buying anything else for this phone. I've spent money on this phone when it should have been working all along. What I am most upset about is if one day this phone just doesn't work at all again. Sprint should be supplying me with a new charger.

Highlighted
Master

YukTiff 

we apologize for the issues that you have been experiencing with your device and charger. Have you had the opportunity to bring the charger issue to the attention of your local Sprint Service Repair Center? If so, what did they tell you? If not, is it possible for you to do so?

Omar 

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well as I've said I don't know if it's the charger since I don't have another charger on hand to test it out. I also don't feel like buying one to test out. On the other hand I would love to bring the charger to the Sprint store but since I don't know that it is the charger since my trade in phone worked for a good year or less and didn't really start acting up again(at least not from what I've noticed) until recently I didn't bring it to Sprint again. The last time I went in with my old messed up phone they basically wanted me to pay to get it checked out. They didn't even do much from the time I brought it in to be fixed beside factory resetting my phone. I don't know that they will be much help. I guess I could bring it in but they will likely tell me I have to pay for something. It's not my fault that Sprint decides to sell a faulty phone.

Highlighted
Master

YukTiff,

Thank you for your posts regarding your HTC Evo 3D.  I cam across your post and wanted to give you two links that I feel may help you with the issues tht you're having:

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Improve_battery_performance_on_your_HTC_EVO_3D/case-wh1640...

&

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/FAQs_related_to_your_HTC_EVO_3D_freezing_andor_becoming_un...

Please let me know how the troubleshooting steps in these two links are able to help.  Thank you.

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care Team

Michael C.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat