cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted emails keep re-appearing

Highlighted
Journeyman

I noticed that in the last few days if I delete an email/s, they will ALL re-appear in the inbox. I've deleted these emails several times and even if i back out of email and go right back in- they come back within a few seconds. Even if i back out of email for a period of time, It's the same issue when I go back to inbox. I'm at my wits end trying to figure out how to correct this, and why it started out of the blue a few days ago. Its aggrivating to have to repeatedly do this to no avail- I suppose I'm hoping that on one of the tries the messages will stay gone. Is anyone else having this problem or know a fix other than deleting and restoring all my accounts? (3).

For my first smartphone, this EVO 3D seems to be almost having more problems than It's worth as the email isn't my only problem.

Amy

15 REPLIES 15
Wizard

I have not seen this happen on EVO 3D, but I remember something similar happening to me couple of years ago. I deleted the mail account with the issue and re-added it and the issue went away. Have you tried it?

Master

Sign into Email Account on your PC and delete your emails from there.Do you have any 3rd pty Email app downloaded to your phone?

Journeyman

I've had this happen on other Android phones, but not the Evo 3D yet. *knocks on wood*

If it makes you feel any better, the problem came and went on my other phones.

GrandMaster

which mail app though? i know the yahoo one thats downloaded from the market has that issue here and there. lately its much worse with notifications that wont clear at the top of the screen.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

If it is not working after you have done all the troubleshooting to get rid of the emails, I would suggest you to delete email account and add email account back.

Hope this helps.

Journeyman

Hello everyone, newbie here so bear with me.

Last year I had the same problem.  I have all of my emails cc'ing my yahoo account so I can always keep an unlimited amount of copies in one place.  Unfortunately the inbox had over 10,000 emails that kept trying to come to the phone so it would overload and freeze.  I would delete them (off the phone, not the server) over and over again, but they would always come back a few days/weeks later.  It was so frustrating.  Finally, I did something like what abe2020 was suggesting.  I logged into the yahoo account on the PC, created a new folder called "emails" and moved ALL the emails from the inbox to that new folder ...and VOILA!  It worked.  To this day, when the inbox reaches enough emails every few weeks or so, I go online and move them.  You can set it up to delete them instead if they are not precious to you.  I personally keep all emails for busniess references.  Come to find out, it was just giving me what was on the server's inbox.  Hope this helps!

Journeyman

Sorry.  I guess didn't give asolution there.  Have youe checked the email settings on the phone?  I don't have the 3D but shouldn't be too far off the other on the settings.  You can probably go into your settings and find the screen where you can choose the account type (pop3, IMAP, etc...).   Under "Incoming Server Settings" there should be an option to "delete email from server." 

GrandMaster

it was the app. i went in and checked the comments in the app market. lots of complaints on the issue. least with the yahoo mail app there where.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Thank you ALL for your replies! I'm sorry I didn't reply sooner, but 'something' happened to my Sprint.com account and for some reason I couldn't get back in. After a long & frustrating time on the phone with Sprint, (one rude customer service rep and one nice supervisor)...I was left with no option but to create another account. (Which will probably disappear too, as I'm having to delete my entire online account I've had for years due to some screw up at Sprint website nobody can seem to fix)... Anyhow Smiley Happy

I do not have any third party apps installed- I'm accessing both Hotmail and Gmail with the accounts set up via the phone. My accounts are set up to delete emails no matter what device I am on.

I did delete the Hotmail (which is the acct I'm having issues with) and havenu't beeun able to add it back due to some sign in issues. I do believe my account was the 'victim' of malicious spam that emails everyone on my list, then I end up locked out for suspicious amounts of email. It's happened time and again (tired of it!) Even though I've changed my password umpteen times- Hotmail just doesn't seem to filter It's msgs like it says, even after reporting spam). Yes, I have protection, it just doesn't scan web based email, and I will not use Outlook as it gives my computer herpes every time I use it... Haha!

I will try some of the other suggestions here as well hoping something will remedy my issue. Lots of good ideas, and I'll try anything once (twice if I like it... Har Har)

Again, I apologize for not responding sooner, and as a pre-emptive strike I will also 'warn' anyone awaiting a reply that I'm having issues with my Sprint account as well, so may not reply- but I AM reading your posts! Smiley Happy I am also unable to 'close' the question or even use my own nickname now due to this Sprint issue. GRR.

(I know I got a bit off subject, but thanks for reading!)

Journeyman

Just FYI- the starred* out word above was not a sware, it should've said s cr ew up.

Also to clarify- no third party apps, I do not save a large amount of email so box isn't full, and also no Yahoo being used.

I also see some stray letters inserted randomly through my reply, I'm sure due to my tapping around trying to recover my reply box since it went off screen! (like I mentioned, lots of little issues with this phone, but I'm essentially told to deal with it because It's 'new technology'. Gotta love that reasoning... o.O

Journeyman

In case anyone checks- I've re installed hotmail after it having been removed from phone a few days. I also got online to empty my in box, even though it was no where near full, deleted all contacts in case of virus, changed password and my phone problem of deleted emails re-appearing still exists. As soon as I delete and back out of mail, it comes back. Crazy! Ahh well. Only have to deal with it until next upgrade (tongue in cheek...) Smiley Happy

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat