cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dont believe the hype the Htc Evo 3d is the best phone for the $

Journeyman

Let me start by saying Ive been an Android fan for a long time ive had the hero, evo4g, and the Acer iconia 10.1 with Honeycomb 3.2 and now the evo 3d. ive been through all versions of android.

This phone takes the OG Evo and makes it fun or even more fun and offer what Htc and Sense fans have asked for.... more customization. Everything on it is customizable lockscreen, homepage look, clocks, widgets, from places like htc hub orhtc likes both nice features. The Os is smoother and 3d like with lots of cool animations we come to expect from Htc but with a nice twist here and there.

The 3d is cool and the camera works well and the camera app is as always easy to use.  I love dedicated camera button to.

I havent experiance dropped calls and call quality is as good as any other phone ive use or owned.

Its definately a powerhouse giving my tablet a run for its money in downloads and over all customization and functionality. And it has the tegra 2. The tablet is just a few seconds faster if at all when on wifi.

The screen is very bright and vibrant can be easily be seen in daylight  which compared to competetors is a win.

While other phones offer more in phone storage you have to pay for that with there OS or lack of updates = Moto blah and Samsung epic for never getting updates out on time touch. Htc has always updated and stood by there current devices. And with there facebook anouncement that the Htc evo 3d was one of the first wave phone to get Ics 4.0 it all but makes "Sense" so to speak to stick with what works. Finally a phone that not only makes great calls but can access your whole whole and have fun while doing it. Definately worth getting.

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

bump...

Journeyman

If you've been around the block as often as you say, then you know that every time one of these phones is released, some percentage of customers experience a few or a lot of problems.

Some of the problems are software related, they affect every customer (or every customer doing certain things), and hopefully the manufacturer corrects them quickly.

Some of them are manufacturing problems, and hopefully those affect only a small percentage of customers.

But there are always problems, great or small, affecting few or many or even all. Try to be understanding of the frustrations people have, particularly when spending a lot of money on a product.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Lol ok yes some people have issues. If you bought your phone at best buy or radio shack you will definately have issues. But this is a pwer house of a phone and all im saying here is if you get a good one you will love it. I got a refurbished 3d and its a powerhouse with no issues. It in fact keeps up if not ties my tegra 2 tablet on wifi as i said. Im def an Htc and Sense fanboy tho so take it for what its worth. I still have no complaints about my service or the 3d.

Journeyman

Here Here, I like it

Journeyman

Re: Dont believe the hype the Htc Evo 3d is the best phone for the $

Jays_Flooring wrote:

Lol ok yes some people have issues. If you bought your phone at best buy or radio shack you will definately have issues. But this is a pwer house of a phone and all im saying here is if you get a good one you will love it. I got a refurbished 3d and its a powerhouse with no issues. It in fact keeps up if not ties my tegra 2 tablet on wifi as i said. Im def an Htc and Sense fanboy tho so take it for what its worth. I still have no complaints about my service or the 3d.

How would buying the phone at Best Buy instead of a Sprint store in any way affect the likelihood of having an issue with the phone?

If it's a manufacturing flaw, that's going to affect a percentage of phones everywhere, and where those phones end up has more to do with when they were made than with what store they end up in. If it's a software issue, then that is definitely not going to be affected by when the phone was purchased. Most likely, that will be affected by what the individual does with their phone, what apps they install, etc.

At most, I could see the place of purchase complicating customer service issues, but that is only an issue after something has gone wrong with the phone.

Unless the employees at Best Buy are in the habit of handling merchandise with baseball bats, I don't see how the purchase location would affect the chances of something going wrong with the phone.

Look, I'm glad you're happy with your phone. I'm glad my phone works too. However, you seem to be determined to somehow blame the problems that happen on those who complain about them. Yes, some of those problems are user-caused (and in those case, you can bet the user has no idea what he or she did to cause it) but I do not think it is fair to make that generalization about all who complain about their phones.

In all the time I've paid attention to smartphones, I have yet to see a model released without complaints by users, and with each phone there are certain types of complaints that are more frequent than others, which generally argues for a design flaw, manufacturing flaw, or software problem rather than PEBKAC (Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair, i.e. the user's fault).

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat