cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing pattern screen will sometimes not connect the dots.

Highlighted
Journeyman

When I try to draw my unlock pattern it won't draw the connected green line sometimes. The first dot just turns red and starts over and does that until I hit the on/off switch and redo it or if I go to the emergency screen then go back to draw pattern.  Is anyone else having this problem?  My screen otherwise does not have any other problems.

7 REPLIES 7
Master

Make sure you have the latest device software 2.08.651.3 CL 130920.Other troubleshooting step that you can do is go back to the home screen  and try unlocking you pattern screenor powercycle(power off, take battery out and in after a min) the device.

Journeyman

Yep, I've been having the same problem.  It doesn't always do it.  Usually if I turn off the screen and turn it on again, it resolves the issue, although I've had to do that a couple times or more on a couple of occasions.

GrandMaster

i always hated using the pattern lock anyways. once you unlock it look at the screen at a angle. there is your pattern in the smudge lol. doesnt take a cat burgler to figure THAT one out lol

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

1. PIN is better than pattern. Anyone with a camera and an image editor can figure out what your pattern is, then it's just a matter of figuring out which direction to go.
  2. There is definitely some kind of performance problem when the phone wakes from sleep. Often it takes me two tries to enter the PIN because button punches simply don't register. When I think to do so, I wait a couple of seconds before entering the PIN, but the problem is that I'm an impatient person who rarely remembers to do so.
Journeyman

Re: Drawing pattern screen will sometimes not connect the dots.

My son also has this issue. We have had his Evo 3D replaced because of issues with the touchscreen, including it not connecting the dots. We also have issues with the keyboard not popping up, just a grey field. It will also suddenly scroll to the very top of the message conversation. When we were at the store in line to pick up my replacement, the lady behind me also said she was having issues with her Evo 3D's touchscreen and that she was in to get it replaced as well. We are trying to get it swapped out for an equal phone. Either Moto Photon, Galaxy S 2, or iPhone 4S. We have performed mast resests, hard resets, software updates, replacing the SD Card, and also replacing the phone itself. Sprint needs to get this fixed ASAP.

Journeyman

I was having that problem and I noticed it was because my hand was on part of the screen and it wouldn't register. Maybe you can make sure nothing else is touching it.

Journeyman

Re: Drawing pattern screen will sometimes not connect the dots.

I have the same problem, too. After being locked out enough times with the pattern lock and screwing up all over the place with the keyboard, I finally decided to email Sprint today and tell them that, as a relatively new customer (since October) I have been unsatisified and that I'm fed up with this phone. I was told that all I can do is get a replacement Evo 3D for it, but lo and behold there are others having similar issues here so I'll just be stuck with the same problem. This is ridiculous.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat