cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVO 3D Bugs That Need Fixed

Wizard

Ok, first off, I love the phone and have had great luck with it, there's just a couple small bugs that I've found on the phone..  I just thought I'd start a discussion with the exact bugs that everyone has found since the phone's been out a little while.  The whole point of this is to let Sprint / HTC know what needs addressed.  If you never post it, they'll never know.  You don't have to list something major that happened with a defective phone, just the things that should be addressed in an OTA update.  My findings are as follows:

1)  App icons change to the generic after rebooting.  This only happens to the apps stored on the SD card.  The quick fix is to go to settings/manage apps/all apps/select HTC Sense with the picture of the HTC clock/force close.  This will reboot Sense and make the real icons come back.

2)The music player will sometimes kick on out of the blue.  This happens with the stock music app and the two that I've downloaded from the market.  Also, when playing, it will start fast forwarding and won't stop.  I don't know why it would do this with all music apps, but I have read on other forums of people with the exact same issue, so I'm sure it's not an isolated problem and it could be fixed.

These are the main things I've found.  I personally haven't had issues with signal, freezing up, or shutting down.  Please post your issues so they can be recognized.

31 REPLIES 31
Journeyman

Anyone else having trouble playing YouTube and Sprint tv videos on the EVO 3d? Store reps claimed its a known issue.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Here's on for you.  Is it me, or is the volume just to low?  I've missed several calls, emails, and alerts due to low volume.  I have to keep the phone right next to me so that I don't miss anything.

Wizard

bdmiles, I haven't had any streaming problems.  I know where I'm at, 3G isn't fast enough to watch Youtube without always freezing up etc.  I have to use 4G or wifi for Youtube.  I can stream Netflix flawlessly with 3G, though.

ha68, I definitely agree that they could have probably put a louder speaker on this thing.  I can never really tell if it's me or the phone.  I lost some hearing in Afghanistan, so I think all of them should be louder. LOL  I have heard other people say that the speaker isn't as loud as the EVO 4G was, though.

Journeyman

I've been having problems with my 3D photos not coming up correctly when I go to view them.  They are not alligned at all.  If I cycle the phone it will then come back ok.  The largest problem I have is when the phone tells me my SD card isn't present even though I didn't do anything to it.  The only way I have been able to correct is to take the battery out for a few seconds and then put it back in.  I too have had the icon issues where they come back as generic icons.  Thanks for the tip I will see if I can fix it using your idea.

ha68 wrote:

Here's on for you.  Is it me, or is the volume just to low?  I've missed several calls, emails, and alerts due to low volume.  I have to keep the phone right next to me so that I don't miss anything.

When the EVO 3d first launched there were a lot of complaints re: the speaker volume although I haven't seen as many lately.  My 3d seems to be ok.  The volume levels are close to the same as my 4g and sometimes I even turn them down because they're too loud.  There was a M.R. on 6/24 that might have affected the speaker volume issue (although it didn't claim to).  We are supposed to be getting another software update soon (whatever soon means to Sprint) so hopefully the speaker volume will be addressed in that.

Journeyman

I sure hope the address the speaker issue in the next update.  My Hero sounds alot louder that my 3D.  Hell, my OG Instinct sounds louder.  I'm just glad I haven't had to deal with the random reboots like some of the others.

Wizard

I think they've had pretty good luck with this phone overall.  You always see people with issues on the forum, but all in all it's been good.  Everyone that I know with the 3D hasn't had any of the major problems.  I'm still having my music player just randomly open up and come on though.  Like I've said, I saw it on a couple other websites, but has anyone else on here experienced that?  Not a huge issue, but quite annoying sometimes.  It doesn't happen all the time, just randomly every now and then.  I really do hope they fix the icon thing, though.  I'm pretty sure they will since that does seem to be a universal problem.  Again, not huge, but annoying.  I look forward to the next update just to see how on top of things they really are.  So far so good.

Journeyman

I have been having some slight issue to the head phone jack. When I plug up my heads (so many that I have tried with) I get this I get this issue where the phone radomly calls people.from my list as well as skipping and or playing song at random the 3rd which is my least favorite is when it does the voice search. There are ways to get it to stop but they get so anying! I normally just stop the action after the lock screen, I also unplug the head phones which is usually my last resort.

In my opinion its a hardware issue but hoping for a software problem that.can be fixed through a update.

I do know it is a Risk buying the first batch but in that sense there are also the mile stones.

Wizard

That's really weird.  I haven't experienced the whole headphone jack problem.  I'm pretty sure mine's a software issue.  I hope they send a fix because I listen to music on my phone a lot.  Sometimes, it just starts fast forwarding through every song, and I can't stop it unless I close it all the way out.  It does me no good to take it to the Sprint store because I've already did that and the problem is, I can't get it to do it while I'm there.  I understand it's hard for them to diagnose the problem when they can't reproduce it.  I wish I could figure out how to make it do it, but it's just so random that I have no idea what makes it start.  I did a hard reset but it didn't help.  I'm really hoping for a OTA fix soon, as it's gotten pretty darn annoying, especially like when I'm in the shower and have it hooked to my stereo, then it starts fast forwarding.  It's great!  I have heard we're getting an update, but I've only heard rumors, I haven't seen anything confirmed.

Wizard

Hey otic215, I discovered that you are absolutely right about the jacket. I hadn't actually put it together before. It only happens when I plug the speakers or headphones into the jacket. Very weird. I'll be going to the Sprint store when I get a chance.

Wizard

I meant JACK! HEADPHONE JACK!  Stupid auto correct.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat