Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVO 3D Continued horrible experience....

Journeyman

EVO 3D Continued horrible experience....

I was hesitant to post anything about my situation until I saw how many posts there are about how awful the Evo3D has turned out to be. My wife and I both bought Evo3D handsets when we first signed up with Sprint coming from another carrier. At first we absolutely loved our service and our phones. Then about a year or so into our contract our phones just stated going bat crap crazy. Started off missing calls and text messages. My wife and I both just dealt with it because we understand that all carriers have problems now and then. Couple this with random phone resets and you'll understand what we went through for about 3 months or so. At this point (right around Thanksgiving or so) my phone got progressively worse. On top of the missing calls and texts and random resets, my phone was now not keeping the correct time, resetting randomly so bad that I would have to pull the battery two or three times sometimes for it to even reboot, and my signal was all over the place (both wifi and 3G). I took my phone to Sprint store and the technician scanned the phone and found nothing wrong, but offered to do a hard reset to see if that fixed the problem. It didn't and a few days later I was back in the store getting a replacement phone ordered. When I got my refurb in I had it for less than 24 hours before it reset itself and had to have the battery pulled three times for it to reboot. Called the Sprint store and informed them of what was going on and they ordered my another refurb. Well, I'm on the second refurb (my third Evo3D total) and it's also exhibiting the same problems, and now my wife's phone is getting worse. Went into the Sprint store last night and they ordered me an Evo 4G LTE as a replacement. This is at least a positive step but doesn't do anything for my wife who is still stuck with a crap phone. I explained to the manager at the store that if we could upgrade early without having to pay and ETF of $140 per line we would be more than happy to do that. All he offered us was my upgrade he had ordered for me and an even trade for a last gen smartphone for my wife's Evo3D. I don't understand how they can just be okay with letting customers like my wife and I and the numerous other customers posting on here about their bad experiences to be stuck with a phone that they know has issues, especially when we're willing to sign a new two year agreement and upgrade our phones, but they won't make an exception and let us upgrade 5 months early even though we have a known lemon phone. I am seriously considering going elsewhere when our contracts are up if not sooner if this is the way that Sprint handles situations like this. Has anyone had any luck getting customer service to waive ETF and allow an early upgrade because of problems with this or any phone?

0 REPLIES 0
Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat