cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVO 3D (Day 2, this phone is a nightmare)

Journeyman

EVO 3D (Day 2, this phone is a nightmare)

The same thing has happened to me I intially got my phone on June 24th, it is now July 26th and I am on my 3rd EVO 3D Phone, intially with the new phone, the screen would black out and the phone would be on, but the screen would not come on, it continued to happen on the 2nd EVO 3D phone and again service and repair could not fix it, which brings me to the 3rd EVO 3D phone....and now it is shutting down by itself and the only way to get it back on is to take the battery out...I cannot see myself doing this for two years. I am not happy, I wish I would have just stayed with my Blackberry phone...UGH!!!

Journeyman

Re: EVO 3D (Day 2, this phone is a nightmare)

SAME PROBLEM A COMPLETE NIGHTMARE!

I WENT TO GET ANOTHER IPHONE 4 FOR AN ONLINE BUSINESS AND WAS SOLD A MORE EXPENSIVE PHONE WHICH THE SALES REP CLAIMED IT IS TOP OF THE LINE.

I HAVE COMPLAINED NUMEROUS TIMES AND SPRINT ASKS LIKE THEY ARE ROBOTS THEY KEEP SAYING "14 DAY POLICY" Finally they are going to let me switch it but I CAN'T HAVE THE iPHONE 4 which was cheaper and know it works for my online business because my wife uses for creative & marketing

It was the holidays when we purchased it and every single day since then it has a problem it has a crazed mind of it's own? Android obviously is not their with the full technology and SPRINT WHO SAID IT WAS THE TOP OF THE LINE was wrong I got it becasue their "sales rep. assured us it was a great phone" and since the economy is so bad & with the holiday's I purchased it because it had the NAME BRANDS Behind it: SPRINT/ANDROID/GOOGLE and trusted them as a customer for over 10 years. BUT SPRINT IS BEING IRRESPONSIBLE because they still have the eBay SELLING APP promoting on eBay and it is missing a major category.

The only thing that the phone did that was almost perfect was to take CLEAR CONCISE PICTURES not even the 3D I DIDN'T EVEN NEED THAT. Well as I said the phone has problems everyday now the camera has GREEN DOTTED LINES VERITICAL & ACROSS WHEN TAKING A PICTURE?

I've reported this phone to consumer reports and they are going to review it & may have an attorney contact me and explained that SPRINT will not let me downgrade to a CHEAPER PHONE the iPhone 4?

So tomorrow I will go & switch the phone but want a neat concise smartphone not one that seems like it is on an ACID TRIP everyday! If you want me to let you know what happens I will because what happened to "loyalty to your customers especially long-term" "or the customer is always right" I had only 1 out of al the corporate technicians tell me that I was correct.

I HATE THIS PHONE ... I AM LIVID ... IT'S BEEN GOING ON SINCE THE END OF DECEMBER & THEY STILL CAN'T FIGURE IT OUT? HOPEFULLY THEY GIVE ME A PHONE THAT WORKS FOR WHAT I NEED IT TO WORK FOR TOMORROW.

Journeyman

I'm sorry to hear this. Personally, I'm a huge fan of Android and know numerous 3D users that have absolutely zero issues. Thing is, Android is such a broad and open OS, that any application or setting you tweak could have a negative impact on the device and your general user experience. Have you perhaps gone into a service and repair store to have it looked out and make sure there isn't a hardware issue?

Wizard

Nothing worse than a phone that doesn't work.  I was in a similar boat several phones ago.  However, with both my EVO 4G and EVO 3D, I have had not had any major or ongoing issues.  There's been a glitch here and there, but never consistent or recurring.

As Watts posted, there are numerous 3D users that have zero issues.  I can attest to that.  I also have three friends with the 3D.  We all preordered them online and received them on day one.  None of us have any issues.  The phones all have worked like a champ from then and are working great.  Despite the loud complaints on this forum, they really are quite few compared to the total number of 3D owners.  I know this doesn't help you out one bit. 

Staying in constant contact with customer service will.  Make sure you are talking to a supervisor or even someone in retention.  You will get much more accomplished through that avenue over a long rant (that most people will never read in its entirety) on a forum.

Good luck.

Journeyman

I had so many problems with the evo 3d it was replaced 3 times and still didn't work right i had to purchase a used galaxy 2 phone loved it no problems after having tge evo it was a dream to get good service now thats broken i have to pay 150.00 to get another one after paying all this insurance then u have to pay it at one time why cant they ever just fix the problem

been with sprint about 7 years and for my fifth year they gave me a 5 dollar credit they could Have paid all those fees for one month i have no other option but to get it. But would rather have galaxy 2 instead of a 4. Still have the brand new evo  i wont even sell it to anyone

Message was edited by: sktmdttta64

Master

sktmdttta64, I know this must be very frustrating for you. I do apologize to hear this. What exactly is wrong with the Galaxy 2 device?
- Ash
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

The issue I keep having with my 3D is last couple of days it will go to a black screen and will allow me to pull down notification bar once or twice and then freezes. I have hard wiped it at least 4-5 times and still having issues. Any suggestions?

Master

22pwsw - We're sorry about what's happening to your phone. We suggest that you take your phone into a Sprint repair store to have a technician look at it. The store technician will be able to determine if the phone can be repaired or if it needs to be replaced. To locate your closest local Sprint repair store please visit www.sprint.com/storelocator. Let us know if you have any further questions. Thank you. - KayanSprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat