Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVO 3D. Hot spot free?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

EVO 3D. Hot spot free?

I noticed that I have the option to use my "friends" new eve 3D as a hot spot and can feather my puter to it.  He showed me his account and if he is right there is no extra charge for tethering?  Does anyone know?  Free hot spot use is enough to get me to go with sprint. And the phone..  Please let me know

6 REPLIES 6
Master

Re: EVO 3D. Hot spot free?

No it's not free. Mobile hotspot from Sprint is 29.99/month. I haven't tried it on the EVO 3D but when EVO 4G first came out it was open until Sprint realized that and locked it.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

Does anyone know if you can root the EVO 3D for the Hotspot wifi is a better question?

Journeyman

Head over to XDA developers. They'll fix it soon. It's sad that carriers stil haven't caught on. This app (hotspot) is on MY PHONE. I have a right to use it. Thanks.

Alternatively when the 3VO is rooted, the "Wifi Tether" app in the market place will work well too.  LOL@29.99..

Wizard

DJ is correct.  Sprint actually allowed the hotspot feature to be active for the first 30 days of the phone to encourage people to signup.  They then shut it down.  It is not free right now on the 3D, either in 3G or 4G.  You can, however, use the hotspot app as a local network to connect computers to each other. 

Clemson -- you cannot root the Evo 3D at this time...in fact, you cannot even access the bootloader.  If someone does it, you will hear of it.  But, I wouldn't get too excited about it this time around.  Rooting is difficult.... I just don't think people appreciate how hard such a thing really is.

Sprint apparently charges pro-rata for the service though. So, if you turn it on and then off, you should only get billed for the time it is on (there are many threads about this).

In regards to the free Hotspot on the EVO 4g there was a short time that it worked but it was a mistake that Sprint quickly remedied by a M.R.  I remember a lot of people were mad because in the EVO 4g manual it stated you could tether to one computer implying it was free. 

Journeyman

EVO 3D. Hot spot free?

Thank everyone for the help.....but I could no longer control myself and gave up my Hero 200CDMA for the evo 3D.  This phone is fast it's better the my girls verizon droid, kicks it's arse.  I spoke with the Spint store staff and As a hotspot or ad hoc for $1/day or $30/nth. And it can be used as a hot spot with any G.

Thanks y'all

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat