cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVO 3D Ice Cream Sandwhich 4.0 is Finally Here for Sprint

Highlighted
Journeyman

EVO 3D Ice Cream Sandwhich 4.0 is Finally Here for Sprint

Woke up this morning and manually checked for an update.  The notification for ICS came up and I am downloading it as I type this.  Is everyone else downloading it?  What does everyone think?

112 REPLIES 112
Journeyman

Re: EVO 3D Ice Cream Sandwhich 4.0 is Finally Here for Sprint

Downloading here too! I checked this morning when I was on wifi but didn't get anything. Pulling slowly over 3g now...

Journeyman

Downloaded and installing about 3/4 of the way there...  

Sprint actually pulled it off... 1 day early!  Wait... LOL

Journeyman

Says no update is available for this device. Ran both HTC update as well as firmware update, both on wifi and over-the-air on 3G. I guess my EVO 3D doesn't get it?

Journeyman

Is your front camera working with the new update? Mine seems to be either broken or the update messed it up. 

Journeyman

I updated. everything seems to be working on mine except the text messaging. when I open the messaging app it just says please wait. tried restarting the phone, nothing changed. I have been sitting for 20 minutes with the please wait icon going. any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks Dave

Wizard

CONROYRA,

I'm glad you were able to receive your update for your Evo 3D.  I'm performing the update myself as we speak and will let you know if I have any issues.  For those of us who haven't receive it yet, hang in there!  Google rolls software updates out in small waves at a time.  You are on the list, I promise.

So far you've reported an issue with the front facing camera and the text messaging application.  Could you describe your issues in a bit more detail so we can attempt to duplicate and/or report then?

Thanks,

Fergie_B

Journeyman

when I hit the app for the messaging it pulls up the messages page. I can read the texts in the background, but in the foreground of the screen in the center is a black box that has the words please wait in it with the "busy" icon to the left of it. I cant select any of the messages in the bckground; and the back button does not work to exit the app. The only way to get out is to hit the home soft key. I have tried entering the messaging app from the lock screen shortcut, the home screen icon, and the app itself in the "all apps" section. In every case it results in the "please wait".

Journeyman

When I try to use the front camera it only shows an upside down view of the rear camera.  For all i know my front camera is broken.  I just wanted to see if anyone else was having an issue. 

Journeyman

Weird... My camera(s) all seem to be working fine.  Try setting up "face-unlock" under security in Settings.  That will likely confirm if your front camera is "broken".  From whta I could tell, the camera app is new and "improved".  You have to push "Mode" then a pop-up shows where you toggle between front and rear OR camera and video.  That is different than I remember pre-ICS.

Journeyman

For the messaging issue - you just need to wait.  I waited about 20 minutes for the waiting screen to close.  I think the waiting time depends on your messaging history.  My advise is to wait it out.  Hope this helps. 

Journeyman

Yea I have been waiting since the original post--40 minutes ago--still nothing. I have been checking other forums, some people seem stuck on it while others are not so Idk. I can use google voice for texting. I just prefer the native app.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat