ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVO 3D Ice Cream Sandwhich 4.0 is Finally Here for Sprint

Journeyman

Re: EVO 3D Ice Cream Sandwhich 4.0 is Finally Here for Sprint

To say this in a short way, it does delete the apps you have installed. That does not mean you can't re-install them though.

Before updating I actually wrote down the apps I had installed, so if nothing worked then I could Hard Reset and just easily look back to my list and just install. There are alternatives to writing things down though. Astro File Manager has an Application Backup feature. You can go along and check the apps you want to backup, then click the "Backup" Button and then you can even just click the checkbox that doesn't have an app name next to it then click "Install", and it will go along and install the Apps you backed up one-by-one.

I rely on Google to backup and sync my Contacts, Calendar, and Gmail. (Preference of mine... Your Mileage May Vary)

If you are a text message junkie like myself, then the app I would recommend is SMS Backup & Restore by Ritesh Sahu. It is probably one of the better backup apps there is. There is no limit to the number of text messages you can backup.

On a side note, Just make sure not to choose the option to Delete SD card files when you do the Factory Data Reset.

Sorry for sounding like a billboard advertisement there. Those are just some recommendations I can give to ensure you don't lose any apps.

Journeyman

*Edit* Also,  where is the panorama feature that was supposed to be in the release?

This is a good question.

Patron

I updated this like couple hours ago. Facebook push notifications do not seem to be coming through. Anyone else having this problem?

Journeyman

Facebook notifications are not part of the carrier - that is part of a third party application - I hardly get facebook notifications .. its not your phne, its facebook.

Journeyman

I, for one, haven't had any issues that were spoken of except for the battery life, and the lack of the panorama camera view.

Journeyman

I realize this might be an app issue, but as a warning to heavy Pandora users, it doesn't work on my phone after the upgrade.  When it tries to play anything it gets a "Loading" pop up, the art work and ads show up for a minute or less, then it switches to the next song displays art again for a few seconds then progresses again. I have also read a few posts on other forums complaining that it doesn't work after the upgrade.

*Edit* After a lot of playing around I finally got Pandora to work again.  I cleared cache & data, did a force stop, started it back up and it was still doing the same thing.  I then touched the Pandora menu key to try to change stations and it started working again!

Message was edited by: Captn_George

Journeyman

Yes.  I too was looking forward to using the pano feature on the camera app that was touted in the release articles.

Also, I know Sense is still in place, but I can't see any way to access the ICS Recent Apps menu.  I love that on my tablet and love being able to close apps by swiping them off the recent apps menu..... Anyway to access that?

Journeyman

Long press the home key while on the home screen brings up recent apps.  I don't like the display format as much as before the upgraed but at least it is still there.

Journeyman

Cool... thanks for the tip.......

Now for the pano function on the camera. 

Journeyman

Still looking for that  ....

Highlighted
Patron

They should add the option to silent the camera shutter sound too. Or does anyone know how to turn it off?

Journeyman

Press and hold the home key, then let go, and you can slide them like so in this video I made for you all.

On a side note, the sliding is faster than that, I just slowed down my finger so you all could see

(hence why the dialog box came up at the end; I pressed and held)

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat