cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVO 3D Ice Cream Sandwhich 4.0 is Finally Here for Sprint

Highlighted
Journeyman

EVO 3D Ice Cream Sandwhich 4.0 is Finally Here for Sprint

Woke up this morning and manually checked for an update.  The notification for ICS came up and I am downloading it as I type this.  Is everyone else downloading it?  What does everyone think?

112 REPLIES 112
Highlighted
Wizard

nancys.socal,

Thank you and welcome to the Sprint.com community.  You're posting correctly, please continue to do so with your issues and concerns.  It's how we get things fixed.   It looks as though the pinch functionality is not exactly the same as it was before the the stock browser. To zoom in, place both fingers on the screen and slide them open, slide back to zoom back out.  You can also double tap on the screen to perform both functions.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support

Hours: 9am-8pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have tried updating any way possible and I never get anything other than no updates available. I have been checking every day since last week. What is going on here?

Edit I tried something new, I updated the PRL then the profile, then when I went to HTC update it found an update, however it says it is corrupted every time I try to download

Next I restarted the phone and now it just says no update available.

Cant get it to try to update at all.

Highlighted
Wizard

eoidjfoierencu,

Please keep in mind that when a new operating system releases for Android devices, it does so in small waves for a number of reasons.  Please be patient, all Evo 3Ds will receive the update in time.  The official release date for ICS (for over the air pushes) is on 08/07/2012.  Release time varies.  In the past, some releases have taken a few weeks to push to all devices.  Others have taken 2 or 3 months to do so. 

We appreciate your patience and are just excited about you receiving your ICS update as you are.

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support

Highlighted
Journeyman

51. After the upgrade I noticed that I don't have the swype keyboard functionality anymore. Everytime I try to use swype it throws an error back at me so I have to use the other keyboard method. Is anyone else having this issue?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have found that the resize widgets feature works for only certain widgets.

Highlighted
Master

AVRGJANE1 wrote:

51. After the upgrade I noticed that I don't have the swype keyboard functionality anymore. Everytime I try to use swype it throws an error back at me so I have to use the other keyboard method. Is anyone else having this issue?

This is fairly common after updates. Updates to Swype are usually bundled in with the other enhancements for the phnoe and it can cause issues when updating the Swype configuration files to the new Swype version. Usually going into Settings > Applications > Manage Applications and clearing the data from Swype will fix it. It does delete all of your Swype settings and any words you have added, but it will get Swype working again.

Highlighted
Journeyman

TR3YG wrote:

ICS only supports resizing Android widgets, not HTC Widgets.

Highlighted
Journeyman
Journeyman

I just recieved the update, clicked on settings, then to system update, tried checking for this new update and nothing comes up. I have tried resetting my phone now, even did the factory data option and nothing. Any way I can manually update my phone? Weird that I got the notification that the system update was ready and now nothing..hmmmm.

Highlighted
Journeyman

What do you suggest for the super slow stock messaging app issues other than wiping my phone? ( I never trust that and have never had to do it before ) but sometimes it takes AN HOUR for messages to load when I click a contact.... some of my contacts have 10-30 messages, a couple have 1000.  I only save 4 conversations so it's not like I have 50,000 messages on it.... but I don't want to lose them..... What to do???

Highlighted
Master

Only way your going to speed up the messaging app is to limit the amount of messages it has to parse. In other words, unless you plan on deleting some of those messages, your gonna have to deal with the slowness.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you!  Clearing the data from swype worked!

Highlighted
Wizard

TR3YG wrote:

Are you speaking about widgets you downloaded?  Or widgets that came with the operating system?  If you are speaking about widgets that came with the operating system, can you clarify which ones?

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat