cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVO 3D Ice Cream Sandwhich 4.0 is Finally Here for Sprint

Highlighted
Journeyman

EVO 3D Ice Cream Sandwhich 4.0 is Finally Here for Sprint

Woke up this morning and manually checked for an update.  The notification for ICS came up and I am downloading it as I type this.  Is everyone else downloading it?  What does everyone think?

112 REPLIES 112
Highlighted
Master

Weird, I got them from HTC's site. Let me see what what else I can find.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Um I don't know if it's just me but when i updated my phone it erased all of my pictures and music

Highlighted
Journeyman

Chunoserv,

I though mine were gone too until I connected my EVO to my PC via the USB cable and opened the DCIM/Camera folder (you can also do this with any file browser app like Astro).  I had to clear cache and data for gallery and music to get them to show up again.

Highlighted
Master

Jason,

Ok, I tracked down a EVO3D. Instructions on HTC's site are incorrect. Either that or they changed with the upgrade to ICS. In any case, it works out to be the same as the LTEVO.

• Restart device
  • At first boot screen, press and hold the Volume Down button
  • Continue holding Volume button until you feel a quick vibrate followed by a much longer vibrate
  • At that point you can release the Volume Down button

When it's fully booted, you will see Safe Mode in the bottom left corner of the screen.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Well i pluged my phone to the computer and i looked at the files and all my pictures are there on the phone SD but when i unplug it and go to settings and go to look for gallery and music i clear the data but it won't let me clear cache. and my pictures & music don't come back.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I should have mentioned that you probably need to do a force stop of the app after you clear the data.

Highlighted
Journeyman

No need, after i did what you said things slowly started coming back, Thank you!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Is that the same as wiping your phone? 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I lost mine too.  Pics yes, music not that I see.  My phone has the little circle thing on the notification bar up top like it is still thinking (the same icon you see inside the mail app that shows you it is checking for messages) and my pics saved on the phone screen as well as inside the gallery are gone....

Highlighted
Journeyman

No it only clears the app data. It won't delete pictures from your SD card. But be patient once you are on the manage app screen. Wait for it to populate all of the memory fields before you try to  clear the cache and data.   Then be sure to force stop the app.

Highlighted
Journeyman

still having issues with the messaging screen displaying "please wait"  this has been going on for 5 hours now, definitely should not take this long.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I finally got through the "Please Wait" screen in the messenging, but now, I clicked on someones name to reply to a text, and it is stuck saying "Loading" .. 2 hours in. Yeah, I have a ton of text, but wince I get stuck in loading, i dont even have the option to delete any...

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat