Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVO 3D Ice Cream Sandwhich 4.0 is Finally Here for Sprint

Journeyman

EVO 3D Ice Cream Sandwhich 4.0 is Finally Here for Sprint

Woke up this morning and manually checked for an update.  The notification for ICS came up and I am downloading it as I type this.  Is everyone else downloading it?  What does everyone think?

112 REPLIES 112
Journeyman

Why do you make that assumption. Nothing that I said should confuse you about what the word beyond means. I clearly understand the meaning of the word. I got it from Adobe and they clearly stated that  IT IS NOT SUPPORTED. it says beyond 4.0.x.   (4.0.3 is BEYOND 4.0.x).

Sprint does not care about its average users who knows naught about these technical terms .... I really do not know what "I am supported by flash working on ICS EVO 3D is".

When I paid for my phone I didnt expect all these technicalities and if they arise. I would have expected SPRINT to let us know, that there will be major changes after updating the device to this stupid ICS. They really need to work out whatever deal with ADOBE, now that I am understanding a little bit more about this business since I have had all these problems.

Journeyman

I am not trying to be hostile or belittle you. So, please forgive my "beyond" statement. The problem with how you're looking at is that "x" as in 4.0."x" is a number that is defined. I am assuming you are considering the x to be equal to 0. When in fact the x stands for "minor" updates that are released, because bugs, tweaks, or the like are found in the operating system. 4.0 is considered a "major" update. It brings multiple changes and updates to an operating system (OS). The jump from gingerbread 2.3.x to android 4.0 is considered major. (3.0 was skipped as 3.0 was a tablet operating system not a phone OS). everything in android 2.3- 2.3.7 (including 2.3, 2.3. 2.3.3, 2.3.4, 2.3.5, 2.3.6, 2.3.7) was pretty much the same. Third number in each one of those series is a set of updates that they considered important enough that an update was released for the phone--but was not important enough to be considered a major update. The actual "improvements"/updates can be found here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_version_history. Now the jump to android 4.0.x is considered a major release; in that they changed the layout and abilities of the OS. 4.0 is the actual OS. Now, within android 4.0 there are many "minor" improvements /updates that will be released without actually updating beyond the ICS mainframe. Subsequently, with each release the number following 4.0 will increase. For example, 4.0 was the start, following a release of a "minor" update it became 4.0.1--exact improvements can be found on the above link as well--after 4.0.1 then came 4.0.2, then 4.0.3, now 4.0.4. all of these are considered 4.0. Adobe will support all "minor" updates in android 4.0--meaning they support 4.0.x (4.0.1, 4.0.2, 4.0.3, 4.0.4, and any to follow. Where they stop supporting is in android 4.1 (jellybean). Jelly bean has been released to very few phones (officially). And the Evo 3d will most likely not ever see this update, unles you root it (which is a completely different topic).

I hope this helped. Your phone should be working with adobe flash. and I am not sure why it isn't as mine is. That is what I meant by "supported by flash working on ICS" Adobe is working on my ICS for evo 3d and that supports my claims taht it should be.

I am not an expert on phones so anyone else taht is more knowledgeable and finds my explanation inaccurate feel free to correct it.

Sprint Employee

Hello GETZJD, My front facing camera works like a champ, and better than ever for all functions, including Face unlock.

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

Frvr22 wrote:

Why do you make that assumption. Nothing that I said should confuse you about what the word beyond means. I clearly understand the meaning of the word. I got it from Adobe and they clearly stated that  IT IS NOT SUPPORTED. it says beyond 4.0.x.   (4.0.3 is BEYOND 4.0.x).

Sprint does not care about its average users who knows naught about these technical terms .... I really do not know what "I am supported by flash working on ICS EVO 3D is".

When I paid for my phone I didnt expect all these technicalities and if they arise. I would have expected SPRINT to let us know, that there will be major changes after updating the device to this stupid ICS. They really need to work out whatever deal with ADOBE, now that I am understanding a little bit more about this business since I have had all these problems.

Not to be rude, but please re-read what you typed in bold within those parenthesis.

Journeyman

GETZJD wrote:

As already mentioned by myself and a few others here, the front facing camera does not work either for facial recognition or when manually switching to the front facing camer from within the camera application.  the EVO 3D seems to think that the second lens of the 3d camera is the front camera, thus the image we is inverted an upside down.    I even went through the hassle of a factory reset.   Again, not that big of a deal as I do not use the front facing camera for much, but I was interested in playing around with the face unlock feature. 

Going to revive this thread because I'm having the same issue. This is way too obscure for it to happen to multiple people and be a hardware malfunction. Any ideas?? Thanks

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat