Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVO 3D frozen while updating to 2.95.651.5

Highlighted
Journeyman

EVO 3D frozen while updating to 2.95.651.5

New to the forum. Hello all.

My 3D is not rooted and about as stock as you can get. I've had it for 2.5 years and I don't load a lot of stuff onto my phone. I've been putting off the update to 2.95.651.5 because of all the problems people seemed to have with it. But tonight I decided to take the leap. Now I find myself regretting it! I've never had any trouble with this phone until tonight.

Phone was plugged into the charger to make sure I had enough power to get through the update. I downloaded the system update. Tapped to install. Agreed to the warning message. The phone acted like it was powering off and then it froze. It has been frozen for an hour now...unresponsive. The small window pane says, "Power off - Shutting down". There is a small pane at the bottom that says, "SD card safe to remove". The progress wheel is not turning. The battery status is not moving to show it is charging. Pressing the power button does nothing.

The warning says not to remove the battery during a system update, but it seems like my only choice at this point! Has anyone experienced this and if so, what did you do? If I unplug the charger, the battery will die and the upgrade will stop. If I remove the battery, the update will stop. If I leave as/is, the picture is going to burn into my screen.

FRUSTRATED! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Journeyman

Re: EVO 3D frozen while updating to 2.95.651.5

*UPDATE*

I have good news. After 2 hours and 20 minutes of acting like it was frozen, my EVO 3D completed the installation process and is back to normal. Phew. Glad I'm patient!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat