cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVO 3D not connecting to Airave.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My phone is not connecting to the Airave.  Anybody else having the same issue? I tried calling their technical support, but they said they can't do anything because HTC hasn't provided them with software updates for Airave. I had the same issue with my Nexus 4G, and they gave me the same run around. If anybody know how to fix this, please help. If not, I would have to return the phone. Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
Master

There are several things that can prevent it from connecting to your Airave.  I apologize that you are having these issues.

Here is something you try to make sure you're not blocked on the airave (since the Nexus and Evo 3D are both having this problem)

• In My Sprint Sign On, enter Username and Password then click Go.
  • Under My Device and Media (or Preferences), click Update my AIRAVE link at far right of page.
  • Select Users (center tab).

1. Click Restrict Access radio button.

1. Add phone numbers (or remove numbers) in the phone number fields and click Save.

Make sure the "Mobile" light is sold green, your broadband light needs to be solid green also.  If your Evo works fine when not connected to Airrave but stops working while connected, you can try unplugging and replugging the Airrave - It can take a few minutes before it establishes connection again...I hope this helps!

Journeyman

Tried all that, still not working. There was an outage in my area, and I thought that might have been the issue. But it has been fixed as of yesterday. My EVO 4G connects and works fine with it now, but EVO 3D is still not connecting. Another tech from Sprint said the same thing today, that "EVO 3D will not connect with Airave untill it gets a software update, which they have no idea when that will arrive." So I dont know anymore. It's a great phone, but no point in keeping it since I barely get any signal when I am home.

Journeyman

My Airvana works well with my 3D.  I haven't seen a problem at all.

Journeyman

yeah my evo and evo 3d worked outta the box with my airave, so i dont think its just a evo 3d issue, i think its a setting issue somewhere

Journeyman

I had the exact same issue.  I was able to fix it by turning off my old phone EVO 4G and restarting my new phone EVO 3D.  AirAve apparently doesnt know which phone to connect 2 since they both have the same number (I'm guessing).  Anyways, try that and see if it works for you.

I also found this cool app to help me troubleshoot his called OpenSignal.  Look for it on the Android app.

Journeyman

I tried it, but still not working. Even if that worked, I still need to be able to use my Evo 4G and 3D at the same time. It's on a family plan. I'll check out that app and see if that helps.

Journeyman

Hey,

I've been having a bad time with my Evo 3D + Airave as well.  This has worked for me:

While in Airave coverage, go to settings-->wireless networks-->roaming and toggle to "Sprint ONly"

Turn off phone, remove battery, wait a minute.

Put in battery, boot phone, go to settings-->system updates--> update PRL.

DO ALL of this near the actual Airave unit.  It should sync up with Airave and work after that!

OF course, I'm having other problems too--> my 3D will DISCONNECT after a random amount of time on the Airave, even with 5 bars....plus I have to do this trick w/ PRL update every time I leave or enter my house....

OvERALL the Airave is TOTALLY not worth my time so far...I'm hoping that changes....

Journeyman

I've had major Airave issues with my Evo 4G for over a year.  Dropped  calls, phone doesn't ring, etc.  I finally figured out that you cannot  have any of your DSL cables on or near a surge protector.  The surge  protector should not be near the phone jack either.  I moved the surge  protector away from the jack and cables and have had no more problems.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat