cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVO 3D or PHOTON?

Journeyman

EVO 3D or PHOTON?

I agree, the more I use the photon, the more I'm digging it. It is a truly well-rounded device.

Wizard

EVO 3D or PHOTON?

One thing you have to look at though, is the fact that the 3d will probably be supported more and longer than the Photon. People may argue with that, but wait and see, that's just the way it is. It will get updates first etc.  Unless you are someone who roots, this can make all the difference in the world for the longevity of your device.

GrandMaster

EVO 3D or PHOTON?

plus the photon is more suited for buisness type usage...the evo3D is more for games and such. it all pretty much boils down to what you want it to do for you personally. *shrug*

the battery saver options on the photon would be great if they had that option on the 3D. live and learn i guess.

plus HTC has been jumping on the MR fixes pretty quick it looks like. not sure on the photon side of things.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

Re: EVO 3D or PHOTON?

By the way, my screen name used to be davidjameslucas.  So, you've heard this before Fireguy, but I use the $2.99 version of Juice Defender which literally doubles my battery life.  Also, the 3D battery is way, way better than the 4G was.  I get a full day easily.  I had the 3500mah battery on the 4G, but I just don't need one for the 3D.  Your comment about the Photon being geared more for business and the 3D having a richer multimedia experience, is pretty accurate.  You can of course do both with either one, but I see what you're saying.  My wife has the Photon, but it's really kind of a waste, because all she does is text or Facebook.  I could have been fine just getting her a messaging phone, but I wanted her to get the Photon (more so for me to play with).  Like I said, I wouldn't trade my 3D for it, but it's a pretty cool phone.  I like messing with it, and it's something different.  You just don't get any better than Sense in my opinion.  The good thing is that you can't go wrong buying either one of these phones.  I really like both of them, but am very partial to the 3D.  One thing, if anyone has any idea about, is I posted a question on this forum wondering if the 3D will get Sense 3.5.  I got a generic answer from an employee telling me that it now has 3.0 and how to check my phone for updates etc, like I'm a moron and don't know all of that, I probably know more about Android than he does.  I was really asking everyone else in case anyone had read or heard any rumors about it, and what all changes it has.  I figure there's probably a good chance it will get it, considering it's still a pretty new phone and, I'm sure, has the specs to run it.  No offense to the employee that thinks I'm new to all this.  I clicked "Helpful Answer" for him anyways, I'm a good sport.

GrandMaster

im taking it they made you change your screen name like they did to me? i had to delute mine by adding the 64 to it...damn them.

im getting the 3D eventually. i also heard the galaxy s2 or whatever its called should be rolling through sprint before to long. rumor as usual but it seems pretty nice..im still a fan of the sense..so HTC it is

also i can no longer talk to you knowing that you where army.. lol

Message was edited by: fireguy_6364

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I will probably get the galaxy s2 or epic touch 4g as they have decided to call it mainly because of the camera and it shoots video in 1080p. I was dissapointed because all signs pointed to the 3vo shooting 1080 in 2d. I also like the bump in screen size and the size and weight of the device. It comes out 9-16

Journeyman

Manganite, apps already exist for that, but it's a bad idea. The reason the external speaker is quiet is that they used a cheap speaker. If you pump up the volume by other means you'll probably shorten the life of the speaker. I would suggest using a Bluetooth our wired headset.

Wizard

Hey, that is why they made me change it after all this time.  It was the same as my login. 

GO ARMY!!!!

That's for you Fireguy!  Lol

Highlighted
Journeyman

Motorola isnt known for speedy firmware updates or its OS stability. Htc Evo 3d is the 4g on steriods with added fun of the 3d to play with. Oh and you are gonna get Ics and Sense 3.5 which are both very very cool from what ive read on the net.

Journeyman

EVO 3D or PHOTON?

Jays_Flooring wrote:

Motorola isnt known for speedy firmware updates or its OS stability. Htc Evo 3d is the 4g on steriods with added fun of the 3d to play with. Oh and you are gonna get Ics and Sense 3.5 which are both very very cool from what ive read on the net.

Didn't Google recently buy Motorola's mobile phone unit? I hope this ultimately translates into speedier firmware updates for Motorola users, but HTC has a track record of being more on the ball with firmware updates, which is the second reason I ended up choosing the Evo 3D over the Photon.

The first of course was GPS quality. Whatever warts the Evo 3D has, I am hugely dependant on GPS functionality and this phone does not disappoint!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat