Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earbud Music Control - is this possible? HTC EVO 3D

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Earbud Music Control - is this possible? HTC EVO 3D

I have been trying to find an earbud set or standard that will allow me to forward to the next song while I am listening to music on my phone. (and running a walk/running gps app.)  So far I have tried one with a mic button, but it only activates voice command.  

I really don't care how tricky it is to set up, as long as I can just get it to forward to the next song on a click or command.  Perhaps there is a better music player.

I prefer to use corded earbuds.  Maybe BlueTooth when the heart monitoring ones come out.

So far I hear the Iphone/IPAD ones do not work.  Even tried them.

Frankly I am so tired of not seeing any information or specs on the earbuds or usefull information in "google play" that this is my last effort before giving up.

Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
Master

Re: Earbud Music Control - is this possible? HTC EVO 3D

You might want to try this web page it states it works with android devices   http://www.klipsch.com/image-S4A-headphones

Have also seen positive comments on android forums

Journeyman

Interesting... I might just download that app and see if it works with another pair.   I should have mentioned the last paramater to my request is that the earbuds dont cost more than $30.  They need to be somewhat disposable.

Journeyman

In the search for the Klipsch app for their headset, I found several others including "Headset Button Controller."

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kober.headsetbutton&feature=related_apps#?t=W251bG.....

I am going to Radioshack to pick up a pair of my favorite earbuds w/a button and try this app.  I will try to get back to the thread when I am satisfied I have tested it enough.   Thanks 14knight.  While I wont waste my $ on overpriced headsets... you set me on the path to discovery.

Appreciate it and you get a helpful answer.  As do I.

Wizard

I bought a pair of HTC Innovations (black) earbuds for my EVO 3D from Amazon for $5.71 a few months ago and they have forward and back buttons for song selection and play/pause as well as answer/end button for phone calls with a built in mic. They sound pretty good too (better than Apple earbuds by far). Worth the money! Here is the link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003OE30KQ/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1/187-0375716-8136430?pf_rd_m=ATVPDK...

Master

I'm using a pair that came with another HTC phone(T-Mobile), they have controls and mic in it (unfortunately Sprint's HTC phones do not come with one, I wonder why?) They work great for phone calls, listening to the music using the regular music app that comes with the evo, you can control the song selection (Play/Pause and next or previous) also you can pick up calls just pressing the play button. I have to admit, for some earbuds that came with the phone, they sound really good, the clarity and bass is incredible.

I'm sure you can find them on e-bay for dirt cheap.

I hope this helps

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Master

Glad I could help even in a round about way

Journeyman

I downloaded "Headset Button Controller" and purchased some Auvio earbuds with a mic at Radioshack.   They sound great, cost under $20, and work well with the app.  THe HTC's are supposed to sound mediocre.  The auvios will fall out now and then, but are quick to put back in...  Most importantly they do not break the bank... and they sound great.  The HBC app works as it said, using default configuration.  Using my phone as a jogging companion is now  reality.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat