cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evo 3D Not Receiving Calls For Over a Week... Is it a GV or Sprint Problem??

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi there,

I'm hoping the community could help me out since 2 calls to Sprint Customer Service has resulted in no improvements. 

My 1 week and 2 day old Evo 3D has yet to receive a phone call.  There is no indication there's been calls made to my number or even any indication when someone is calling.  But when I go to Google Voice, my inbox is littered with missed calls daily.

Calls to Customer Service have said calls are being rerouted, but to where?  I have forwarding on in Google Voice and it should ring all my phones. 

I've updated my PRL and profile and also deactivated Google Voice and reenabled it to no change in service...

It's pretty lame my phone doesn't do its primary job of being a phone....

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Master

Sounds like a Google Voice issue at first glance

This is Sprint/Google Voice forum link - http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/voice/label?lid=2bc1a716415b1f5d&hl=en

Google Voice is a conditional call forwarding much like voicemail.  It converts calls - like sends them to automatic voicemail.

It is frustrating for Sprint reps as we cant do anything about the Google part of it - if we manually change things Google reprovisions them.

Also Google has employees on their forums - their postings are accurate and helpful

JonathanLovesCats  http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/voice/thread?tid=5912d6d9be50673e&hl=en

This is their beginning troubleshooting page - if the other links havent helped you - http://www.google.com/support/voice/bin/topic.py?hl=en&topic=29359

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Highlighted
Master

Re: Evo 3D Not Receiving Calls For Over a Week... Is it a GV or Sprint Problem??

When you deactivated Google Voice, did you try to see if you receive phone calls? Also do you always keep your WiFi on at all times? Does 3G or 4G work on your phone at all?

I have not seen this issue before. I have to admit, I did have some trouble receiving and sending text or calls (specially pic messages) while in WiFi.

With what you said, I would sugest to backup your phone and take it in at a store to test it or replace it.

Good luck with that, please post back if you find a fix.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Evo 3D Not Receiving Calls For Over a Week... Is it a GV or Sprint Problem??

I have the same issue on my HTC evo 4g. However, I have not installed the google voice app on my phone. so what could be my problem?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Over the past week or so, I've been experiencing this with my EVO 3D.  I do not have google voice.  I keep getting voicemails, but the phone never rings or shows a missed call.  This happens when I'm at home on my Airave, or away from home on regular towers.  It is VERY annoying.

John

Highlighted
Journeyman

Were is the fix? Four calls to Sprint with no solution. Two+ weeks and my patience is wearing thin. Someone must have an answer by now. HELP!!!!!!

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

JOEMULE1, please send me a private message, I would be happy to help you.

No longer working Community Response.
Highlighted
GrandMaster

normally the only time i have seen this happen or had it happen to me is when either i have really horrible reception, the phone is switching between towers and or right at the border between switching from normal reception over to roaming.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

I personaly have gotten 5 replacement phone in the last month due to diffrent problems this being the one i currently have.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat