Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evo 3D Owners & Alleged Promise of Ice Cream Sandwich firmware update

Journeyman

Re: Evo 3D Owners & Alleged Promise of Ice Cream Sandwich firmware update

I spoke to sprint tech support on Friday the 13 th. They told me had done everything that it needed to do on the EVO 3d ics release. Sprint said it is up to Google to release it to sprint customers. If we do not see the update in the next day or so then sprint is full of crap.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I don't really believe that since Google has already released ICS to Sprint customers - except Sprint calls them Virgin Mobile customers. The exact same phone is already on VM with ICS, so clearly Sprint has it, since Virgin Mobile *is* Sprint. I also think if this were actually true then Sprint would publicly say so, since they are getting a lot of heat for being the only carrier that has not rolled out ICS for the Evo 3d. If it was really Google's responsibility, I highly - highly! - suspect Sprint would emply the Shaggy defense ("wasn't me!") to deflect the criticism.

I get it, I'm frustrated and annoyed too. However, the only public communications I've seen from Sprint said ICS would be released in "June/July", so they are still in that window. Doesn't make it any less lame for us, but they're still in that self-imposed window.

@cd2789: I know you're frustrated, but I assure you that you will get much, much further with customer service representatives if you do not start off conversations with the sort of harsh tone you took in your chat. Calling someone a liar before you even relay the reasons for your concern is never that well-received.  Your whole chat was basically you trying to bait or berate them the entire time. There are normal, low-paid joes on the other end of that screen, my friend - let's try not to be total jerks to someone just because we don't like the way their employers are doing business.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@cm90029

I have tried nothing but being nice with this company that does not address its mistakes. Its service is spotty, they didn't even spell my name right on my account, and I never get a straight answer when I talk to someone. I understood that the person on the other end of the screen is a regular joe, but that's not an excuse for the company. If a company has a bad business model, it needs to be documented via chat, calls, emails, etc. I explained to this person that I was mad at the company themselves, not the person themselves. If said person could not understand that, then maybe they are in the wrong service. I worked retail for 3 years until recently and anytime the company did anything that customers did not like or whatever recurring problems were faced were reported to the people in and above management. There is no excuse for poor customer service, especially one filled with vague answers and false promises.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The June/July time frame has been nixed according to this article.  We will see if Sprint actually holds to the "Early" August date now.

http://www.mobiletechreview.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Number=42997

Highlighted
Journeyman

@cd2789 I hear ya, I'm not at all psyched with this gang either. I'm actually probably going to pick up an unlocked Nexus and just terminate my contract with Sprint and go pre-paid with ma bell or tmobes. I'm with you on the vague answers thing - and your usage of "answers" is most charitable indeed! I also find the Wimax practically non-existent in much of LA (at least wherever I seem to go), so really right now I have the (seemingly) eternally Gingerbread version of the oddly named Evo 4G LTE (which should include the disclaimer that the network does not support LTE at all as of today).  And yes, you're right that it's not an excuse for the company. I guess I just thought you came off a little harsh.  No biggie.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint = Lucy

We = Charlie Brown

ICS = the football.

I'm perhaps being a tad sensitive about the whole thing, but I find the language of the press release off-putting. "Your wait is almost over!". Um, no, Sprint - you actually just made it longer by delaying the release even more!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Wow, you should've waited. Cause the ics rocks on my evo 3d, which came with the software update this week. Hope you cleaned all the remnants from your tire. Good Luck.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat