ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evo 3D SUDDENLY no longer functioning properly - MANY ERRORS

Journeyman

Evo 3D SUDDENLY no longer functioning properly - MANY ERRORS

My Evo 3D, which I have had for almost a year, and love very much, has in the past 3 days (4/24/12) started giving numerous android app stopped working errors, asking if I want to tell HTC or force close... this happens to "messages", "camera", "google 'framework'.....", and many other apps.  Most of the apps don't work, either, and my contacts sporadically stop linking to the messages app or the call history, so the numbers listed there have no names or contacts associated (in the messages and call history).  I am unsure what to do, as when I try to even dial *2, the sprint zone app tries to launch and fails...I had a female friend of mine tell me that her phone abruptly rebooted on her a few nights ago and started doing the same thing.  She has an Evo 3D, also... so I am curious as to whether there was a recent update that has bombed out or something...

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: Evo 3D SUDDENLY no longer functioning properly - MANY ERRORS

Have you tried a factory reset?

Android is kind of like Windows back in the 3.x days. It just needs to be wiped every once in a while.

Re: Evo 3D SUDDENLY no longer functioning properly - MANY ERRORS

I had a similar experience with dialing *2.  What happens is that it sends you to sprint zone and from there you tap "call sprint". 

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat