cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evo 3D screen not responding

Journeyman

Re: Evo 3D screen not responding

I'm having this same exact problem with my EVO 3D, I absolutely hate this phone! I just did get this phone in December, I have already had a hard reset done, my phone freezes up, I do not get text messages, voicemails at times. When I try to end a call my entire phone freezes and I have to remove the battery. My phone also constantly power cycles! I've had it! I can't believe I left Verizon for this. When you have phone issues at Verizon they will change out in store if they have them in stock! I was told because my phone is still under warranty that I have to contact the manufacture (HTC), that is ridiculous! I spent 1.5 hours on the phone last week complaining about this, 3 people later and then a supervisor I still did not get resolved! Bottom line is I HATE the HTC 3D, worst phone ever and I'm ready to go back to Verizon where they treat their customers with respect and resolve the issues!

Journeyman

I had the exact same problem with my 3D. I removed all my apps and did a factory reset and the issue still existed. I took my phone into the store and the techs were able to see how bad my phone was acting. I got a replacement phone in 2 weeks.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the same exact issues. I am thinking that it has something to do with that late update for the phone. Then again I had other issues with this same phone also but nothing I couldnt work around. Now, this issue that is going on with the screen is a truth pain is the ass. I know that I am going to have to take it in to a sprint store but I just don't feel like sitting in there for hours waiting for them to say it is fixed when I know its not. Don't be fooled they know that something is wrong with the screen but if they admit to it they would have to replace them all. Can you blame them for ignoring the issue. If I find out how to fix it I will post it on here, but I am sure the resolution for me is going to be a new phone equal or lesser value. Dont have them giving you the run around going back and foward to the store demand that they give you another phone or threaten to turn off your service and file a complaint.

kayla992, I see that you've said you went to the store. Were they able to duplicate your issue? I'm not sure how a hard reset would fix issues with the touchscreen. I would suggest going back in to the store...depending on the issue (and if they are able to duplicate), they may be able to replace the screen or the phone if needed.

Journeyman

Yea I don't have a seperate task killer. In fact, I wiped my phone thinking maybe it was something I downloaded, but nope still having the problem.

GrandMaster

i have the same thing happen from time to time on my 4G as well. its  something to do with sense and or the internal task killer. which brings up another thing. if you have a task killer on your phone that you downloaded then i recommend removing it. aside from that its pretty sproadic when it happens to me.

Journeyman

I've been having this problem with my Evo 3D where the screen will become unresponsive when I try to do anything. I have to turn the screen off and then it usually starts working, but sometimes I have to turn the phone off and remove the battery. I've spoken to a sprint representative and I was told to go into the store. Anytime I go there though all they do is reset my phone and that usually doesn't help. This is also the second phone that I've gotten since November. Is anyone else having this problem?