cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evo 3d Upgrade/Iphone 4s

Journeyman

Evo 3d Upgrade/Iphone 4s

I used my upgrade and purchased the Evo3d the day it came out. Now I'm interested in the Iphone 4s. I'm a little confused by the policy changes with the premier programs. Other than the trade in credit for my evo 3d, will/can I be eligible for any kind of 2 year renewal price?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Journeyman

Evo 3d Upgrade/Iphone 4s

No.

You purchased a phone at a discounted price nearly 5 months ago. You have 17 months to go. That was the deal.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Evo 3d Upgrade/Iphone 4s

Well the reason I ask is because when I purchased my Evo 3d, I was only eligible for a 1 year upgrade due to the fact that I had bought the original Evo a year before. With that said, I bought the evo 3d at radioshack, and they called Sprint and sprint gave them the Ok to give me a 2 year upgrade anyway, even though it had only been a year since my last. So it appears that there CAN be exceptions and allowances especially with flagship phones such as the 3vo and iphone. Just wondering if anyone had heard anything similar...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Evo 3d Upgrade/Iphone 4s

Well the reason I ask is because when I purchased the evo3d I was only elligible for a 1 year upgrade because I had used an upgrade to buy the original evo a year prior, HOWEVER, when I went to Radioshack to purchase the evo3d, they got on the horn with Sprint and Sprint gave them the ok and bumped my elligibility up to a 2 year upgrade in order to purchase the new flagship phone. So what I'm wondering is has anyone heard talk about them doing something like this for the iphone, or of any other offers other than a trade in progrom to make it more affordable to people who do not have a full upgrade available?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Evo 3d Upgrade/Iphone 4s

You check your eligibility for an upgrade at https://manage.sprintpcs.com/specialoffers/RebateWelcome.do

John

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat