cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Front facing camera on evo3D wont work

Journeyman

The Front facing camera on my Evo 3D wont work .

I started the stock camera App , when I click on the button/icon to switch between front and Back Cameras, the app freezes and shuts down .

Even tried restartgin the phone but no good .

Anyone else seen this problem or any resolutions ?

Thanks

5 REPLIES
Wizard

I have seen a few issues like this with the camera on this phone - all of the issues that I have seen were resolved by powering the phone off, removing the battery for 1 minute, replacing the battery and powering the phone back on. Try that please and let us know.

And here is a quote from a store technician that was having camera issues - maybe this helps - "The issues seem to happen only when using the physical button and usually when there's some stuff running in the background. I have found that if you go to the built-in task manager and kill the camera process and then relaunch the camera app via the app menu (not the side button) it will function again - pressing the side button does not launch it again after the process is killed."

Journeyman

I tried powering the phone off, removing the battery for 1 minute, replacing the battery and powering the phone back on . But I still see the same behavior .

I start to suspect if the Front facing camera is faulty on my device .

And No, I did not use the physical button , I launched the application from the menu .

Wizard

Okay, I understand, thanks for the information. I agree - seems to be a faulty camera - at this point I recommend that you take the phone in to a service and repair center to have a technician run a diagnostics test. Or you could try a factory reset (the device would be reset to factory settings and all information including contacts, messages, settings, etc will be deleted - anything stored on the memory card will not be deleted including pictures, videos, music, etc.)

Journeyman

My camera has two problems.  The device locks up after I take a picture, which seems to be a common problem.  Also, the front facing camera only shows an upside down reverse (back side) image.  Resetting does nothing.  This is my second Evo 3d since the first one had a blown speaker sound in the earpiece. 

Journeyman

After researching this appears to be a known issue with the 3D.  I am not interested in driving an hour and waiting 4 hours to a repair center for them to tell me my 2nd 3D is defective.  looks like I need to call it in and trade to a regular Evo.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.