cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC 3D coverage

Journeyman

HTC 3D coverage

hello,

I have a HTC EVO 3D 4G phone purchased from the sprint website July 2011. I haven't ben able to connect with 4G for 6 month or so, and was wondering if any other HTC 3D 4G owners are having the same problem. When switched to 4G, the phone will scan, connect and then disconnect. It does this over and over and just drains the battery. My contract is up in July 2013 and I will be moving on to another service provider if I can't get this resolved.  Is it my phone or did the coverage change in my area?  Thank you.

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: HTC 3D coverage

I have to revise my earlier post. 4G coverage is non-existant in multiple states and NOT just on my area, any ideas to the problem?

Journeyman

Our EVO 3D phones use WiMAX for 4G, which Sprint is abandoning in favor of LTE.

Thus, I seriously doubt that Sprint will spend the money to expand WiMAX coverage. At all. Ever. It has to be expensive paying for two 4G networks during the overlap period.

Journeyman

Hi underseer, thank you for the information, I was unaware that Sprint would abandon customers that use EVO 3D in that way, sux....

Journeyman

Confirmed----HTC EVO 3D users are screwed by Sprint. Sprint doesn't provide 4G coverage anymore for our phones. We paid $10 xtra a month for nothing.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, for those of us in the WiMAX coverage area, we will continue to get 4G service for some years. Those of you not in coverage areas are screwed, however. Hopefully the LTE network will cover more area.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat