Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 3D Blown Speaker!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello,

Just trying to get some feedback! I'm about to exchange my EVO 3D for the 2nd time (3rd phone). I had the 3D before it was released at stores. It came with a tin-sounding, blown speaker. Brought it to the store on release day to exchange. Not that bad, but certainly NOT good. A couple of days later..the speaker is junk. My personal music from SD, HTC Ringers, Alarm Clock...whatever..when the phone has any sound coming out of the external speaker it is horrible! I've been in contact with HTC via phone, email etc. They say that it is not a "known issue" I personally find it hard to believe when the display in the Sprint store (their display) sounds the same way. Please, is anyone else experiencing..or have experienced this issue?!?!

JW

15 REPLIES 15
Master

I forwarded this on to our "phone room guy" and will update if he has a reply with investigative issues on this.  Curious what did HTC say and have you looked on other android forums about this - like androidcentral or androidforums?  Years ago I had a Samsung device that the alarm on high would blow the speaker so I know your scenario is odd but possible.  Also I will monitor your reply.

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Journeyman

I have looked on other forums..all over the web actually. I can't find much yet, but the phone is still fairly new. As far as HTC, they said it was not a known issue and to have it replaced..again. Unfortunately, it's my second 3D and the third I've heard with the issue so I'm not quite sure that the issue will be resolved. I've also noticed it just progressively gets worse.I rarely even use the speaker on my phone. It's always connected to my stereo via bluetooth. The only things that regularly come through the external speaker is standard HTC ringtones, the alarm clock and pre-loaded games/video. Pretty dissapointing.I will return it one last time and if it still remains an issue I'm within my 30 days and will return it for good. At this point I would rather have my EVO4G anyday.

Thanks for the response,

JW

Journeyman

I've complained since I upgraded from my EVO about the EVO 3D speaker quality.  I've had it 2 weeks, never dropped it or thrown it around, and I keep my volume at mid-high and it still sounds like it's been blown out.  It's crazy how I could listen to music off my EVO in my automotive shop and hear it clear through the shop, but can barely hear music off the EVO 3D when I'm standing next to my toolbox.  Very unhappy I upgraded...lost my kickstand AND speaker quality.

Journeyman

YOURS, MINE, AND THIERS ALL HAVE THE SAME CRACKLIN SOUNDING SPEAKER. IT IS NOT VENTED AS IT WAS ON THE 4G EVO. THIS IS A DESIGN FLAW, wherein it causes the speaker to reverberate through the surrounding camera lenses, of which they should have had the speaker vented openly as it was prior to this 3D. I HAVE HAS 3-3DS, AND ALL SOUND THE SAME.POOR!

Patron

my htc evo 3d sounds great maybe it is a flaw with your phones 😕 who knows

Journeyman

YES I have and HTC is doing the same thing to me. I'm tired of fighting for a fix so I just gave up. They actually called me this morning to investigate my poor rated customer service survey I sent in the last time I talked to them. I took the time to ask again if there was a fix or any advise, she said no nothing. I'm going to Sprint and letting them check it out under my insurance warranty. Hopefully they can help. This is my first and last HTC.

Journeyman

Perhaps you're just unlucky, but can you go into detail about what you're doing with the phone? All HTC speakers are low quality and many Evo 3D users have installed volume-boosting apps. Have you done this?

If there is a pattern here, I'm just trying to narrow down what you're doing that I'm not doing. (My speaker is crappy, but not blown.)

Journeyman

Hey underseer,

Yes unlucky to pay so much for a premium phone with a crappy speaker. Not all HTC speakers are bad because many people have commented plus I have heard my friends Evo 4G and the speaker quality is much better than mine. So you asked what have I done? Well I did the so called in settings volume adjustment save using QSTP (I forgot the name of the program). It made no difference. Then I tried the Equalizer program from the market place and it helped just a little but not enough. All the program does is allow you to raise the equalizer bars all the way up to increase the sound a bit and a bass increase check box. As I said I am going to Sprint to see if they have been able to do something about it up to now. I doubt they have though......I'll update this post if anything happens. I have communicated with HTC about 10 times on this and have come to the conclusion that they dont care nor do they want to lose money to physically repair them for free. They know whats up but deny the problem exists. Maybe the new phones are better? Maybe just the first batch was bad? I went back to Sprint 2 months after getting mine and compaired my Evo 3D to the salesman's Evo 3D and they both sound the same. The salesman just shrugged his shoulders and showed me how setting the phone on the table made it sound louder since it reflected the sound off the table. What a joke! Like Im gonna have a table in my car with my GPS on! HTC has failed and they are not doing anything about it as far as I know. As I said this is my first and last HTC and I will never buy and keep another phone unless it works perfect for me.

GrandMaster

thought you might get a laugh. theyre coming out with another evo.  the evo design.http://newsroom.sprint.com/news/htc-evo-design-4g-fact-sheet.htm and

http://newsroom.sprint.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=2077

looks like its downgraded a wee bit from the big dog evo 4G. kind of sad really

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Not suprizing given the fact they are cutting quality it seems. The Evo 4G is old technology now. I dont reccomend it for a 2 year contract even if its free. I also dont look at 1 core phones anymore.

GrandMaster

i still have the 4G. which i think is funny since most of what that new phone is going to have isnt much of a upgrade from my phone lol. downgrade on the phone. smaller screen. no dual core like the 3D has. only upgrade from what im seeing is the ability to go overseas and use it. which doesnt do much for alot of the owners out there already. sad days. i still have faith in HTC compared to the other guys out there..but really?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat