cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 3D Ice Cream Sandwich Update - Photo Gallery Deleted!!!

Journeyman

HTC EVO 3D Ice Cream Sandwich Update - Photo Gallery Deleted!!!

All of my pictures were deleted during the update. There was no warning to backup files before starting the update. Is there any way to get the pictures back???

8 REPLIES 8
Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO 3D Ice Cream Sandwich Update - Photo Gallery Deleted!!!

Restart your fone.

Journeyman

I thought after the update that I was missing a lot of ringtones that I had stored on the SD card, and I noticed Tutu7's advice to restart the phone. The phone had restarted several times in the process of updating, so I wondered why another restart was needed. But Tutu7 is right -- after the restart all my ringtones showed up. I suppose the phone was not recognizing the SD card until after the restart.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I also took the advice of Tutu7. Today I shut the phone off, fully charged it, and pulled the battery out for 15 sec (not the sd card). I put the battery back in, restarted the phone and my pictures, videos and movies all loaded up. I had all my music and videos on my PC already, so I didn't need to back them up. The only thing I backed up were my apps and transferred them to my PC. I will be transferring my photos to my PC soon so that I don't have to worry about losing them in the future. Now the only problem I am having is my SMS Backup app not backing up my messages. Hope everything works out for you and you recover your photos.

Journeyman

I tried restarting. I shut down and restarted and nothing happened. I have still lost my photos. I then shut down and pulled the battery out and waited 30 minutes and I still have none of my photos! I'm freaking out right now! I had some seriously sentimental photos in there!

Any other suggestions???

Journeyman

I plugged my phone into a PC (charging plug has USB plug) and looked through the files then moved the files to the pictures folder and it worked for me. All of my pictures and video files were restored without any issues. Hopefully this will help you.

Journeyman

I had the same issue but have gotten them back. If you use a file explorer app (I used ES File Explorer), your photos on your SD card will be in the 100Media subfolder of the DCIM folder. You can copy the files from there to the picture folder. Once they have finished copying, they'll appear in your Gallery again.

Journeyman

Same thing happened to me. I went into settings, storage, unmounted my SD Card, when that was done, mounted my SD card again. I then went to my gallery, I got the spinning circle for a bit thinking "Awesome they're back". Nope. I then took a picture, selected it in the gallery and deleted it. After deleting the picture I had just taken, the first picture I ever took with my phone a year ago popped up on my screen. After that all my pictures were back.

Journeyman

Plug your phone into your computer (as lescccc2 suggested), mount it as a disk drive. Open it and find the folder "DCIM". That's where my pictures were and hopefully that's where y'alls will be too. I was able to copy them over so I didn't lose anything thank god. I was panicking pretty bad myself. lol

Hopefully this works for everyone!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat