cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 3D Swype not working after system update

Master

Re: HTC EVO 3D Swype not working after system update

Just wondering because we have 2 reps stating different things, one states wait 72 hours for Swype to push the fix the other states HTC is working on a fix. It's still not clear if in fact Swype has fix in place that is being pushed to the devices within 72 hrs after the update as no one has reported receiving it.(?)

Master

Do you have a link where it states that? From what I can find the 72hr wait is for the existing Swype Beta users. And the Swype rep states "The issue you are experiencing is related to how a pre-installed version of Swype was implemented on your device. Please work with HTC or your wireless carrier to resolve this."

Attention! Existing Swype Beta users with Swype Beta already installed: it may take up to 72 hours before you receive an upgrade via OTA. Please wait at least 72 hours before reporting update failures on the Swype Forum. Thank you!

http://forum.swype.com/showthread.php?11336-Swype-won-t-work-after-system-update-on-HTV-Evo

Journeyman

I am having the same issue since this new software update on my HTC EVO 3D...I use Swype a lot and could Sprint please do something about it...?

Journeyman

I have the EVO 3D, did the same update, and Swype license also says it is invalid. If kbelly23 solves this problem for you, let me know how it was fixed and what I can do to fix this. It's really idiotic that the most obvious and most used function on a phone was not tested before the update!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just to chime in, Swype is broken for me too, which is a major problem for me as I relied on it heavily.  I do not want to install beta software to work around the problem and, even if I did, my enormous, custom dictionary would be lost.  I hope there is a proper fix soon.  I can't imagine this never manifesting itself in testing.

Journeyman

Testing?  What testing?

I think it's apparent from last summer's updates that they don't test all that much.

I think it's apparent from the lack of any fixes for last summer's updates that they don't care all that much.

Don't worry, Sprint/HTC/someone is looking into the issue.  Expect a real response in early Neveruary.  (Neverember? Neverber?  I dunno.... )

Someone at a Sprint repair center today told me the update was required before he could look at my phone.  I'm lucky that I searched and found this thread instead of just blindly updating.

amna30

Thank you for posting. Have you tried to download the Beta version on Swype's website? If you do not want to go that route then you can wait 72hrs from the time your device updated for a update to be pushed to the device. Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,

Krishel

Social Care

jesserwonka

Here to help! Just wanted to see if you have tried to download the Beta version of Swype by going to http://www.swype.com/category/get-swype/ that is the current work around as of right now or you can wait for an udpate to be pushed to your 3D which is suppose to happen at least 72hrs after your device did the Android update. Hoping to hear from you soon!

Thanks,

Krishel

Social Care

SuperC_142

Thank you for posting; I apologize about the experiences you have been facing. As from Swype's website there should be a Swype update pushed to the 3D 72 hours after your phone updated Android. Let me know if this does not happen so I can search further into this.

Thanks,

Krishel

Social Care

Master

There is not a fix being pushed within 72 hours for the OEM version of Swype that is broke after the upgrade, that is only for those that have already had the beta version installed per Swype.
"We have been in communication with HTC and they are planning on releasing a fix. We don't know exactly when this will be, but it will be rolled out over-the-air."

Journeyman

Here here.

Journeyman

Thanks Krishel, but I think you misunderstood Swype's statement.  They're saying it's their policy to have an updated beta version 72 hours after phones are updated for users (already) using the beta version.  Their comment doesn't apply to the production version that is being used by Sprint.  Indeed, they say it's up to Sprint or HTC to provide a solution.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat