cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 3D Swype not working after system update

Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO 3D Swype not working after system update

Oops- sorry, I see that Levi4u has already posted basically the same thing.

SuperC_142

Yes I do realize that and I apologize about the misunderstanding I am keeping an eye out on HTC's website and our side to see if any new information has rolled out. Again I do apologize.

Thanks,

Krishel

Social Care

Journeyman

it's  been a couple days sprint  when can we expect a fix  bad user experience  you should have tested this in Q&A before roll out

Journeyman

I'm having the same problem, I updated OS this morning (I have the 3D) checked other updates as well.  No swype.  The error said something about an invalad license. I downloaded Swipe Beta and it's still not working.

Journeyman

You have to switch input method from Swype to Swype beta.

Journeyman

You do realize that this update comes from HTC and not Sprint, right?......

Journeyman

Thank you!

Journeyman

I don't have the option to go from Swype to swype beta.  So how do I get it to work?

Journeyman

Did you download it from Swype.com, then install it?

Journeyman

WHY has this NOT been FIXED YET??? WHY wasnt it tested BEFORE you sent out the update? and WHY wasnt the update cancelled or something once you realized the swype stopped working!??

Journeyman

I'm not sure if this has been posted yet, but here is what you do to "fix" it.

On your phone do these steps:

1.  Open your favorite web browser and go to swype.com

2.  Near the top right corner click on "Get Swype"

3.  By the Android guy about 1/3 of the way down your screen you'll see a link that says "Download Swype Beta" click it

4.  Next page, a little over halfway down the screen you'll see another linke that says "Download Swype Beta" click it

5.  It's going to download **Key note** in order for the app to install you need to go into your settings on your phone and (Mine is under security) and says Unknown sources, allow installation of non-market apps.  You need that box checked.  If it's not checked when you download the app, don't worry, just check the box and then go into your app screen and find 'Swype Beta Installer' and click it.

6.  Once you're in the installer it's pretty self explanatory, it's going to download the app then you have to click install.  After that you have to check Swype Beta as an input method, then you can select it as your input method just like you would Swype or the regular keyboard.  I'm using it and so far I kind of like it more than the Swype version I had.  This should hold you over until there is an update or something that fixes the Swype keyboard.

Cheers

Highlighted
Journeyman

So I have to DL an app from an " UNKNOWN SOURCE" to make my Swype go back to working like it did when I bought my phone because sprint and HTC dropped the ball and SCREWED UP and STILL HAVE NOT FIXED IT PROPERLY!!!!?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat