cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 3D Swype not working after system update

Journeyman

HTC EVO 3D Swype not working after system update

Did a system update today and now Swype does not work no matter what I do!  WTF?  I use this all day every day!  It says the license has expired?  when will this be fixed?

93 REPLIES 93

Re: HTC EVO 3D Swype not working after system update

GENNYW1

Here to help; thanks for bringing this to our attention. Have you tried to update your firmware, profile and PRL as well after this update went through please?

Thanks,

Krishel

Social Care

Journeyman

No Firmware update available, Updated PRL, updated Profile.  Swype still not working!!  This is very frustrating.  It is the most basic, most used function on most phones!  How was this not beta tested before the system update was launched?  Seriously !?!  I have been with Sprint for over a decade, I am charged every month for 4G even though it is still not available in my area.  I am in a major US city and even the 3G coverage is spotty!  Now I can't even use swype?  I text all the time because all my voice calls are dropped!  What good is the phone if I can't communicate?!?!?!?!?!

GENNYW1

Can you please private message me your account billing name, number and pin or answer to security question I want to look into refreshing the device from my end.

Thanks,

Krishel

Social Care

Journeyman

I'm having the same problem.  Swype is used about 90% of the time I'm on my phone.  It's been an annoying 24 hours.

GrandMaster

go into your settings and clear the data and cache on the swype app..settings-applications-all...usually its all the way down at the bottom. try that ...power cycle the phone...then try to use it again..post what you see good or bad

GENNYW1 wrote:

No Firmware update available, Updated PRL, updated Profile.  Swype still not working!!  This is very frustrating.  It is the most basic, most used function on most phones!  How was this not beta tested before the system update was launched?  Seriously !?!  I have been with Sprint for over a decade, I am charged every month for 4G even though it is still not available in my area.  I am in a major US city and even the 3G coverage is spotty!  Now I can't even use swype?  I text all the time because all my voice calls are dropped!  What good is the phone if I can't communicate?!?!?!?!?!

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I had the same problem even after a hardreset, I'm sure Sprint'll fix that one, I fear they will not fix the alarm volume problem that started over 6 months ago with last software update. Unless people post about it, it will be ignored.

Journeyman

thanks, tried clear data, did restart of phone.  did not work, still says invalid license when I try to use swype.  I've been searching and I am far from the only one having this problem after this latest system update.  MAJOR FAIL in whoever was supposed to do the testing on this before the launch.

Journeyman

Try it on an Evo 3D there, and you'll see these problems apply to all.

Journeyman

kbelly23 - i sent you a private message

Journeyman

Having the EXACT same issue. After clearing the data and the Cache, now it has reverted my phone to touch type and I cannot choose the Swype option. Giving me the error "The liscence for this Swype version is invalid. Beta users should reinstall Swype. All other users should contact Swype. Swype will continue to work with limited functionality." That isn't entirely true, because when Swype did work, it didn't find any words. Help please!

Journeyman

I just had the same thing happen, same error messages as above.  Is there a way to fix this or are we stuck until a patch is released?  I use Swype constantly and this is a HUGE pain.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat