Yes I do realize that and I apologize about the misunderstanding I am keeping an eye out on HTC's website and our side to see if any new information has rolled out. Again I do apologize.
it's been a couple days sprint when can we expect a fix bad user experience you should have tested this in Q&A before roll out
I'm having the same problem, I updated OS this morning (I have the 3D) checked other updates as well. No swype. The error said something about an invalad license. I downloaded Swipe Beta and it's still not working.
WHY has this NOT been FIXED YET??? WHY wasnt it tested BEFORE you sent out the update? and WHY wasnt the update cancelled or something once you realized the swype stopped working!??
I'm not sure if this has been posted yet, but here is what you do to "fix" it.
On your phone do these steps:
1. Open your favorite web browser and go to swype.com
2. Near the top right corner click on "Get Swype"
3. By the Android guy about 1/3 of the way down your screen you'll see a link that says "Download Swype Beta" click it
4. Next page, a little over halfway down the screen you'll see another linke that says "Download Swype Beta" click it
5. It's going to download **Key note** in order for the app to install you need to go into your settings on your phone and (Mine is under security) and says Unknown sources, allow installation of non-market apps. You need that box checked. If it's not checked when you download the app, don't worry, just check the box and then go into your app screen and find 'Swype Beta Installer' and click it.
6. Once you're in the installer it's pretty self explanatory, it's going to download the app then you have to click install. After that you have to check Swype Beta as an input method, then you can select it as your input method just like you would Swype or the regular keyboard. I'm using it and so far I kind of like it more than the Swype version I had. This should hold you over until there is an update or something that fixes the Swype keyboard.
So I have to DL an app from an " UNKNOWN SOURCE" to make my Swype go back to working like it did when I bought my phone because sprint and HTC dropped the ball and SCREWED UP and STILL HAVE NOT FIXED IT PROPERLY!!!!?