cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 3D Swype not working after system update

GrandMaster

Re: HTC EVO 3D Swype not working after system update

for the time being you might want to go into the app store and download the swype beta they have rolling in there..i have only heard of this problem with the 3D...which update did you guys get recently by the way? security update or OS update?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Same problem - did all the other updates PRL, etc.  Cannot Swype - How do I fix this?

Thanks, Eric

Journeyman

It was a HTC System Update - upgraded to software version 2.95.651.5 710RD

Journeyman

Same problem with my HTC EVO 3D. Tried installing Swype Beta but get same error invalid license code.

Journeyman

it was a system update

Journeyman

The only other think I can think of that may or may not matter is it installed a "Sprint Connection Optimizer".  That may be completely unrelated, but just covering all the bases.

Journeyman

Same problem here!!! Love my phone and my service, but this is a major pain. Please fix!!!

GrandMaster

unrelated...the connections optimizer only controls your wifi, 3G and 4G connections..basically you can keep your wifi on and it will shut it down so it isnt constantly searching in the background and draining your battery...it will then kick on whichever connection is better...once in a known wifi location it will finally kick it back on for you..works like a champ on my original EVO...at least once all the bugs were figured out lol.

reason i mentioned the swype beta route was there was an issue with the LTE EVO and swype with one of their updates...lost a few abilities and over all laggyness...this was the work around for the time being until they got the regular swype figured out...

this also might be a swype app issue that is in need of an update from them...the swype people..not sprint

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

then again for shits and giggles you might try going into your apps-all and disabling the connections optimizer and see if it resolves the problem or not..if it doesnt then go back in and switch it back on

Journeyman

Ok, there is a fix! Click on this link http://www.swype.com/category/get-swype/ from your evo 3d and download the Beta version.

I downloaded the installer, then downloaded and installed Swype Beta and enabled it on my phone and low and behold I am swyping again!  Yay!

And thank you to the Sprint Social care person, kelly, for finding this solution and sending it to me.  Great customer service

Journeyman

I have the same problem.  Really disappointed.

Journeyman

Thanks for the update. Is this just a temporary fix? Or is this what we are now stuck with?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat