cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 3D Swype not working after system update

Re: HTC EVO 3D Swype not working after system update

GENNYW1

I am glad I could help and get this issue fixed. For everyone else that may not have seen her post you can access Swypes website at http://www.swype.com/category/get-swype/

There is a new version that needs to be uploaded due to the update; if you don't want to do this you can also wait 72hrs to see if there is a swype update that comes through. Any questions/concerns just let me know!

Thanks,

Krishel

Social Care

Master

This is only a work around/temp fix, Per another rep on another post it is a known issue that HTC is investigating.

Thanks for posting on Sprint Community. We are aware of this concern. It is a 'known issue'. HTC is working on a permanent solution at this time. Once it becomes available our Social Care team will share the fix. Thanks for your patience at this time.

Ruth E

Social Care Team
http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/556093#556093

Journeyman

===== SOLUTION FOUND =====

GENNYW1's answer works.

Step by step.

1. Open the browser on your phone and go to http://www.swype.com/category/get-swype/
  2. Next to the Android logo, click the "Download Swipe Beta" button
  3. On the next page, click the "Download Swipe Beta" button on the bottom left
  4. Open the Notifications area on your phone to wacth the download complete.
  5. Once the download completes, click it and accept the permissions to install it. 
    • (NOTE:  This does not install Swype, it installs the Swype Installer.  YOU ARE NOT DONE! ).
  6. Once it finishes installing the installer, click 'Open.'  (If you clicked 'Done', you can still access it from the Apps area)
  7. You'll see a spinning circle for about a minute while it connects to the server to check available versions.
  8. Select a version and click "Download Swype" (I only had one version to choose from)
    2013-03-20_16-23-41.png
  9. Watch the download take forever to download
    2013-03-20_16-49-42.png
  10. Accept the permission by clicking "Install"
    2013-03-20_16-54-17.png
  11. When it finishes installing, click "Done"
    2013-03-20_16-54-44.png
  12. It now takes you to a setup screen, click 'Enable Swype'
    2013-03-20_16-55-07.png
  13. Click 'OK'
    2013-03-20_16-56-02.png
  14. Check the checkbox next to Swype Beta 1.4 to enable it.  (You want it to be checked, I took the screenshot too soon)
    2013-03-20_16-56-27.png
  15. Click 'OK'
    2013-03-20_16-56-32.png
  16. Hit your back button on your phone to go back to the setup screen.  Then click 'Select Swype'
    2013-03-20_16-56-42.png
  17. Click 'OK'
    2013-03-20_16-57-43.png
  18. Select 'Swype Beta 1.4' from the options (You're screen may look different.  I moved too fast and forgot the screen shot so I took this one from the settings screen.  They should be very similar.
    2013-03-20_16-59-44.png
  19. Click 'Finish'  You're Done.  Now open up an text message or email, and it will ask you to register and walk you through a tutorial (you can skip these).  I'm glad to have this back.
    2013-03-20_16-59-58.png

Journeyman

I am having the same issu as is my wife, son and daughter in law, good job

Journeyman

Not only is Swype not working, there is no option to even attempt to try it. This new keyboard swiping option stinks and, I can't update PRL, or anything else since it keeps giving me error 1233. I am very disappointed.

Journeyman

Any feedback about the alarm volume problem that carried over from the last update?

Journeyman

Wow.  Sprint big time fail.  I do not want to have to install a beta hack to get my phone working.  I want Sprint to fully test self serving updates before they roll them out a break their customers phones.  Since they didn't do that the next best thing is for Sprint to acknoledge and repair the problem as quickly as possible.

Sprint, what is the ETA for a fix?

MustangKR

Thank you for posting! I want to look into this problem deeper for you to get that error gone. I am going to private message you to get some further information.

Thanks,

Krishel

Social Care

KnighttWhoSaysNi

I completely understand. If you do not want to download the Beta version from swype's website you have the option to wait 72 hours from the update to see if an update for swype rolls through to your device. I will be here if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thanks,

Krishel

Social Care

Master

You keep mentioning "72 hours", Has there been an update released that fixes the issue?

kbelly23 wrote:

KnighttWhoSaysNi

I completely understand. If you do not want to download the Beta version from swype's website you have the option to wait 72 hours from the update to see if an update for swype rolls through to your device. I will be here if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thanks,

Krishel

Social Care

GrandMaster

if im thinking right the update should be coming from swype themselves..same type of deal happened to the LTEVO with its last update..

i could be wrong though

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************

Levi4u

The Swype website states the customer can either follow the link to download the beta version or wait 72hrs from the HTC update to see if an update for swype is pushed to the device. So fireguy_6364 you are correct that is what should happen just taking some time.

Thanks,

Krishel

Social Care

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat