cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 3D Swype not working after system update

Re: HTC EVO 3D Swype not working after system update

SuperC_142

Thanks for reaching out. There still has not been word on this issue with the update. I know this can be frustrating and I apologize about the inconveniences this has caused. The only thing I can advise is to wait for an update to fix this issue which from hearing HTC is currently underway to doing as we type. I know this is not the answer you want to hear but with time this should be fixed soon. I can't thank you enough for bearing with us and understanding.

I am here if you have any further questions/concerns.

Thanks,

Krishel

Social Care

Journeyman

Add me as another long-time Sprint customer (10+ yrs) who's frustrated with this.  This was a MAJOR fail.  It's job #1 to ensure that updates don't break important functionality on customer devices.  I've used Swype on my EVO 3d from the very beginning. Let's get this fixed!

Journeyman

Gotta say I was pretty frustrated when Swype stopped working on my phone.  I went to Swype first, though -- you want a failure of customer service, post over there!  NOBODY is looking into a fix for the situation at all, and they're not addressing anyone who asks about it.  I sent them a link to this thread

I wonder if the problem isn't that HTC used an older beta version for the Evo 3D, and it simply expired for everyone at the same time, which coincidentally happened after a system update.  Anyway, I downloaded the new Beta, and it works great on  my phone.

Journeyman

I believe we should be compensated for the inconvenience  we are experiencing. 1 month credit sounds good .

Journeyman

Any update on this?

I have carpal tunnel in my right hand, and Swype was a lifesaver for me.  Tapping is really causing me a lot of pain.  I am really frustrated (particularly by the silence - I'd really like daily updates.).

DFER

I do see where you're coming from and I apologize about the inconveniences that this has caused from the update. I do know that HTC is working on a fix. Have not heard anything as to when this will be pushed to devices; you can keep updated at http://www.sprint.com/newsroom. Let me know if you have any further questions/concerns.

Thanks,

Krishel

Social Care

Journeyman

Yes, we do have more questions and more concerns. What is sprint going to do to compensate their customers? Who is going to answer for this? Why wasn't it tested before being released? Why wasn’t it recalled or stopped from being pushed to devices once you were aware of the issue? It has been how long now? And all you can say is you are working on a fix, but still have no idea when that will be available? How is the helpful to your customers?

Again I ask what is Sprint going to do to compensate their customers!!??

Journeyman

I think one thing that would really help would be a target release date for the software fix.  I know it's HTC that is developing something, but I give my money to Sprint every month for a device which doesn't work as advertised.  I think it's reasonable for us to expect Sprint to push HTC for a specific date so that Sprint can communicate this to its paying customers.  Surely that's a reasonable expectation?

Journeyman

I just want to point out that they are still pushing this update to phones that don't have it (I know this because I've avoided upgrading my wife's phone).  This update is guaranteed to break the primary input method of the Evo 3D, they have confirmed this, and they are still pushing to peoples' phones.  Does this sound legal?  I can't help but feel like they're trying to force people to upgrade to the HTC One, which happens to coincide exactly with the upgrade eligibility of people that bought the Evo 3D at launch.  I know- ridiculous conspiracy theory, right?  But what other conclusion can I come to?

Journeyman

I have not updated my 3VO since that phone slowing ICS update. So much snappier with Gingerbread much as I hate to say it. That being said, I have heard  very little about the "Trace" input which is what  I have been using all along. Seemed to have a better vocabulary for me. I'm by no means downing Swype, different strokes for different folks,  just another option until they fix this issue. Just got 4000mah battery, gives me 3 days without charging, so I will be keeping my 3VO awhile........ Avoiding all updates of course.  

Journeyman

These concerns are valid.  There is a known issue with the update, yet it is still being pushed.  You should hold back on the update, and give users who have already updated the option to roll back.  This update is an untested piece of junk... it should be scrapped and rolled back.

Journeyman

Why was yhis upgrade just pushed to my phone yesterday if this problem has been happening since mid March?  what does Sprint intend to do about it?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat