cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 3D (Update: officially announced)

Highlighted
Wizard

HTC EVO 3D (Update: officially announced)

The HTC Evo 3D is the real show-stopper though, and has some awesome specs. The Evo 3D supposedly has the following hardware:

• 4.3-inch 3D qHD capacitive 960 x 540 px display
  • 1730 mAh battery
  • 4GB internal memory with 8 GB SD card, expandable to 32 GB
  • 1 GB RAM
  • 1.2 GHz dual-core Snapdragon CPU
  • Android 2.3
  • Dual 5 MP rear cameras (3D)
  • 1.3 MP Front camera
  • records 2D @ 1080p, 3D @ 720p
  • Dimensions = 5.0 x 2.6 x .48 inches
  • DNLA support and HDMI port

BGR reports that special 3D versions of the Blockbuster and YouTube apps will be on board as well. And don't forget the rumors of a Nexus S 4G either. CTIA looks like a lot to be happy about if you're a Sprint customer, and we'll be there to cover it all

Source http://www.androidcentral.com/sprints-ctia-announcement-details-leaked-expect-evo-3d-evo-view-4g-and...

Message was edited by: 3020fjr

26 REPLIES 26
Wizard

HTC EVO 3D

With all the goodies coming up, they just have to announce that they are going LTE.

Journeyman

HTC EVO 3D

Engadget just released corroborating info on the Evo 3D and the Evo View. Check this link.

Master

Re: HTC EVO 3D

Everything I hear about the specs is exiting, I would wonder what will be the damage in our pockets for the new EVO 3D. Even though I don't care, as long as it's worth it. I wished Sprint was going to jump on LTE, since they are not, I hope they have something on the work with wimax.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Wizard

HTC EVO 3D

There are a lot of speculations out there that Sprint is considering LTE.

From business perspective it would make a lot of sense. If everyone is going LTE it is going to be cheaper to make

Wizard

HTC EVO 3D

Sprint is defiantly going to support lte. The question is when they are going to announce it. If you have not hear sprint is changing all it tower with some now ones that support 3g cdma, wimax, and lte ready towers. see http://newsroom.sprint.com/news/sprint-announces-network-vision-network-evolution-plan.htm Also this phone will not come with lte since it will probably be untill 2012 or 2013 till sprint get it first lte phone since they will start working one this network upgrade now in the summer of 2011.

Journeyman

HTC EVO 3D

Below is a May 2010 quote from the recently former CEO of Clearwire (He steppd down a few weeks ago). Sprint is the majority stakeholder of Clearwire and uses Clearwire to provide 4G.

I like the part about continuing WiMax during the changover to LTE.  At least our current Evos will still work.

Here is a link to the entire article.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Let me start by saying that we are a 4G company. We believe that the next generation of mobility requires a low-latency and low-cost structure. And there are only a couple of technologies that offer that, Wimax and LTE. The good news for us is that Wimax and LTE have 80 percent overlap in terms of technology when you consider modulation schemes etc. So it's very natural to see suppliers developing equipment for LTE and Wimax. And we are working with suppliers to make sure we can easily transition from one to the other. The fact is that consumers don't care which technology you use, they just want a fast, low-latency network at an affordable cost.

The beauty of our architecture is that we have the ability to bolt on additional technologies, like LTE. This means that we could continue offering Wimax to existing customers, while we add LTE. Furthermore, we're seeing some chip designs that have Wimax and LTE. So in the near future there will be devices that support either. And we will use those chips on products on our network.

Read more: http://news.cnet.com/8301-30686_3-20004468-266.html#ixzz1H4HciW1S
Journeyman

HTC EVO 3D

The EVO 3D seems awesome, I just wish it was thinner and a little smaller (4" screen instead of 4.3").  Bigger isn't always better.  I've experienced the EVO and it seems very chunky to me in hand.

Master

ASM3 wrote:

The EVO 3D seems awesome, I just wish it was thinner and a little smaller (4" screen instead of 4.3").  Bigger isn't always better.  I've experienced the EVO and it seems very chunky to me in hand.

Don't forget, they have to somehow fit all that C rap in a small space, and what good will be a small screen to try and watch 3D. As fas as EVO screen goes, I love it, very easy to browser, play, and do all what EVO can do best .

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Wizard

4.3" is the perfect size for me.

MM

Journeyman

HTC EVO 3D

Dj_Damjano wrote:

ASM3 wrote:

Don't forget, they have to somehow fit all that C rap in a small space, and what good will be a small screen to try and watch 3D. As fas as EVO screen goes, I love it, very easy to browser, play, and do all what EVO can do best .

With the way tech is advancing, I'm sure they can fit "all that crap" into a smaller package.  If not, we would all still be walking around with the huge honking cell phones of the late 80's early 90's.  There is a market for larger 4.3" touch screens as well as for smaller (well mid range) 3.6" - 4" touch screens.  I think you can still appreciate 3D graphics on a 3.6"- 4" screen.  However, since this is the "true successor" (sorry EVO Shift owners) to the original EVO, the 4.3" screen is a must. I also had the HD2 with the same 4.3" size, however, it was noticeably thinnner than the EVO and felt better in hand, IMO.

Wizard

HTC EVO 3D

AMS3, you are covered!

Nexus S 4G is here with 4" screen

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat