cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 3D data and call signal problem!!!

Journeyman

Ok just got my evo 3d and in the heart of Sprint coverage had great 3g and call signal in my location with the Evo 4g, now i don't have 3g coverage and i have seen better signal strength on Cricket Wireless. I don't know if the power was reduced to the antenna or what the problem is but fix it this is seriously messed up.

P.S. 4g coverage is 2 bars on both 4g and 3D

34 REPLIES
Journeyman

did you update your PRL?

Journeyman

First thing I did if it wern't for the fun factor of the device I would have returned it already but im at a loss on what to do I guess we just have to wait for a update to hopefully fix this.

Journeyman

I am having troubles as well. I restart the phone and it helps for about half a day.

Highlighted
Master

Re: HTC EVO 3D data and call signal problem!!!

I've been using the 3D heavy since the 22nd and I had no issues with the connection at all, don't know if it is local issue, try contacting Sprint maybe they are upgrading the network around you.

I come here trying to help people and not because I'm employed from Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

Same issue, my evo 4g had 3-4 bars at home, 1 bar to no service on the 3d. Issues with voicemail not pushing too. Spoke with sprint, no idea why! Gonna get rid of this POS and get my evo back. I like a glass screen and much more durable feel, this thing is garbage with one cool trick.

Wizard

Try toggling airplane mode on for 90 seconds, then back off. This will reset the internal radio and also prompt the nearest tower to redownload your settings. I can check for outages if you want to send me a PM with your exact address. I will only be in the office for another hour.

Journeyman

Thanks but I already did that, updated the PRL and checked for HTC updates. I know there is no issue in the area because there was only a couple of hour lapse between my old evo and this one being used. Def the phone itself.

Thanks anyway!

Journeyman

I can confirm after testing it two cities that the EVO 3D always has at least 1 bar less than my friend's EVO side by side.

Journeyman

I hope this is an isolated issue...My evo3d has been good

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.