cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 3D data and call signal problem!!!

Journeyman

I am having the same issues. 0-1 bar of service, dropping calls constantly. Half the time the calls wont even connect. My Evo 4G had 1-2 bars in my house and full service outside. I have tested in multiple towns where I would normally have full service and I'm getting 0-1 bar. I have applied the system updates from HTC and Sprint and also done a full phone reset today yet service is still horrible! I really like the phone, but without service it's useless.

Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO 3D data and call signal problem!!!

I thought I was having this problem as well.  My old Evo 4G usually  got 1-2 bars sitting at my desk, but my new 3D is getting 1 or none.

I opened the Field Trial diagnostic program and observed the Rx  Power levels for both phones.  With my old 4G displaying 1 bar, it was  running from -97 to -104 dbm.  With the 3D displaying zero bars, Field  Trial indicated the power level was...  -97 to -104 dbm.  Apparently the  3D displays one bar fewer than the 4G for the same signal strength.

Wizard

I've noticed the bars on my 3D are usually one less than they were with my 4G.  When I run speedtest with my 3D though, the d/l and u/l speeds are comparable with tests I had run with my 4G.

When I've got the 4G antenna turned on on my 3D, I'm seeing the exact same number of bars and d/l and u/l speeds that I saw with my original evo.

Journeyman

I have this same issue. returning the phone for  new one tomorrow with hopes this is not going to be a constant issue. If it is I may just get the Nexsus S, I had the evo before and loved the phone but the Nexus S has much better support since its a google phone. ie.....Netflix and hulu plus before others.

Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO 3D data and call signal problem!!!

You can tell some people don't actually read the forums. The number of bars shown has nothing to do with what the actual reception of the phone is, it appears there may be a software issue preventing the phone from showing an accurate signal strenghth according to CAPTPACKRAT1's testing of the phones. I am showing one bar less than the evo too, but the calls are fine.

Journeyman

The issue for me is definitely a reception issue, I have had calls dropped and had the phone go into roaming  in places where my old Evo had good coverage and never dropped calls. Started a service ticket with customer service and I am going in to the Sprint store on Saturday so the tech can run some diagnostic checks on it.

Journeyman

I am having the same issues as the other people in this forum.  It is very frustrating not to have signal at home with new evo 3d. My HTC hero worked excellent for almost 2 years.  For 5 years I did not make any single call to Sprint's call center.  With this phone I had already call Sprint twice. I will try one more time visiting a service center and if I am not satisfied I will return my phone and maybe change provider. I have been a. happy Sprint customer for almost 10 years. Many people are having issues with this phone.

Journeyman

Update:  7/12/2011 1:33pm

This morning the signal got worse.  I was not even able to send text messages, some kind of "Radio Signal error".   I expected it to be cleared-out at work (11 miles from home).  The error persisted, so I rebooted.  As the phone was rebooting there were all these updates on PRL, firmware, etc.   I decided to have lunch at home and re-test the phone again after the updates.  Great surprise: I am getting between 2 and 4 bars.  My data speed has increased to 600 to 2000kbs.   I am very happy now.   I will continue testing the phone for the next 2 weeks,  if everything is working fine I will keep it otherwise I will return it. 

I am happy right now.

Journeyman

Same issue here.

I'm not focusing on bars but on what has occured from having my Evo 4G in a area that Sprint says has the "best coverage possible".

My 4G never ever went to roaming, didnt suffer from dropped calls.

The new 3d has had multiple dropped calls, Erro 78's telling me it cannot connect to data, and constant "data roaming charges may apply".

I'm seeing a lot of people not having these issues and alot who are, which make me wonder if there was just bad batches of the devices or maybe different hardware revisions that suffer from this.

My device is hardware version 0002.

I went through all the steps with sprint support and HTC support, so far nobosy has a clue.

I'm taking the phone down to Sprint's repair center this week to see if they will test the antenna to see if it may not be as sensitive as it should be.

Great phone, just the reception over all (3g/4g/call) that is letting it down for me.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sheldon,

Like yourself I have been using HTC phones since Sprint started carrying the Hero. I am on my second EVO 3D in less than 30 Days! Everyone listen up: This phone

is a DUD! The Fix is coming on July 31st, Sprint is releasing the Motorolla Photon. Go to cnet.com to see specs. If anyone with a 3D EVO can exchange I seriously advise doing so.

DP.

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.