Wizard

HTC Shooter or EVO 3D

Here is the link on Android Central about the benchmark

So far Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread and a 960 x 540 resolution screen

This is my next phone!

23 REPLIES 23
Journeyman

Re: HTC Shooter or EVO 3D

Sprint will 'announce' their new Android phone lineup which consists of rumored phones such as th Nexus S and EVO 3D, but most likely, we won't even see these phones available for sale to the Sprint public till mid-Summer (like last year, all the hype for the EVO started in late January 2010, the EVO was released in June 2010).

Journeyman

HTC Shooter or EVO 3D

I'm excited about this news as well.  It looks like we'll have 2 great phones to choose from this spring/summer.  The Nexus S 4G for a vanilla android gingerbread experience or the HTC Shooter for Sense UI over Gingerbread goodness.  The Nexus S 4G is looking pretty good, but I have to see what the Shooter looks like.  Thank goodness I'm a Premier Gold and will have my upgrade April 1!  I'm definitely getting a new phone soon! BTW, sorry for the ignorance, but what size screen does 960 x 540 equate to? Is it 4.3" or can it be smaller?  Thanks!

Wizard

HTC Shooter or EVO 3D

So far, not much out there. We just have to wait for the announcement next week.

I just hope that Sprint comes up with something close to what we see with ThunderBolt (8 GB of onboard memory and a pre-installed 32 GB microSD card). That will be sweet.

Master

ASM3 wrote:

BTW, sorry for the ignorance, but what size screen does 960 x 540 equate to? Is it 4.3" or can it be smaller?  Thanks!

It is actually just the resolution and not the screen size, it can be a 4.3 or a 3.2 (i-phone4) even though EVO has a max resolution of 1280x720 which is the 720p so that screen resolution I think is wrong (I hope), I hope they will put retina display on them (can you imagine a retina display with a 1280x720 resolution?? forget the I-phone!)

I'm waiting to see what Sprint has hidden in their sleeves, since they turned down apple for the Android. I hope something good, since I like Android better then Apple software, I think EVO is much faster then I-Phone. but I guess we just have to wait and see. (cross your fingers )

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

I too am interested in what Sprint has to say but then again, this is just an ANNOUNCEMENT. I for one am anti-iPhone, but a huge potential for customers that could go to the Sprint-side of the Force (lol) could be turned off knowing that their fellow CDMA competition (Verizon) is selling the iPhone and Sprint isn't. Again, it's an announcement. We won't be seeing any of these phones being 'announced' till mid to late Summer and probably even Winter (early Q4). I just hope our EVOs won't be heading towards the EOL stage where there are no longer Android updates for it (like the Sprint HTC Hero - you're pretty much stuck with a janky Android 2.1 - one and done).

I have checked the specs on the Thunderbolt and haven't found it to have 8 g of onboard memory or 32 g card.  I'm not trying to be a pain but if can give a source I would appreciate it.  Thanks,  Rick

Wizard

Thanks,  M.Marcus

Wizard

HTC Shooter or EVO 3D

I am actually starting to get excited about some of the possibilities...I can't upgrade again until december but that will give them time to work out some of the bugs hehehe

Wizard

Here is the leack specs of EVO 3D

• 4.3-inch 3D qHD capacitive 960 x 540 px display
  • 1730 mAh battery
  • 4GB internal memory with 8 GB SD card, expandable to 32 GB
  • 1 GB RAM
  • 1.2 GHz dual-core Snapdragon CPU
  • Android 2.3
  • Dual 5 MP rear cameras (3D)
  • 1.3 MP Front camera
  • records 2D @ 1080p, 3D @ 720p
  • Dimensions = 5.0 x 2.6 x .48 inches
  • DNLA support and HDMI port

More info at android central

Wizard

Time for me to order the 32 gb SD card I was holding off.

Just like the EVO 4G it's coming with only 8 gb.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat