cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Screen Icons After Restart

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just ran the update for my 3D and after the phone restarted a lot of my shortcut/app icons on the home screens are the standard android icon as opposed to the icon for the app(s).  Nothing I do restores them properly.  The shortcuts still work and if I remove the shortcut and place a new one there the icon is correct.  Anyone else seeing this?

Tags (2)
13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Master

Sometimes if you have apps moved to SD card, it can take a while for the proper icon to show up on the homescreen.  If you continue to have trouble, try moving apps back to phone- (assuming that is what is causing this) Let me know if this fixes the issue.  Thanks!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I think this is just a bug with the new software and phone. Mine does the same thing.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I moved one of the apps back to the phone (from the sd card) and all of the icons appeared properly.  Seems like it is a minor bug that will, hopefully, get fixed sometime soon.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes, this appears to be a Sense bug.  Is sprint/HTC tracking it as such?

I see the same thing......

Highlighted
Journeyman

So I updated the phone with all updates, then downloaded my apps, and moved them to the SD Card. I put the shortcuts to the home screen and I have rebooted 3 times and they all still show. Try uninstalling one of the apps and reinstalling, moving back to SD Card and adding short cut as a test. It may not work still, but at least we'd have somewhere to start.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Did you do a full boot or a "Fast Boot"?

Full boot seems to make the difference, and mine are still AWOL.

Highlighted
Journeyman

oh well fast boot is checked by default so yes you are right it loses it on full boot. so why not keep fast boot on then until a fix?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Some of the software changes require a full reboot, and I'm a purist

Highlighted
Wizard

It's an issue with the Sense UI.  I've come across two methods to get your icons back.

The first is to go to personlize>scene>load any other scene, then switch back.

The other is to go to settings>applications>manage applications>all>htc sense (the first one that shows the sense clock widget)>Force stop>OK.

When sense UI reloads, all your icons will be displayed correctly.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks ccerose1 that seemed to fix the issue, i dont like having to do that to get my app icons fixed but it should do for now till htc and sprint get a fix for this bug.

Highlighted

ccerose1 wrote:

It's an issue with the Sense UI.  I've come across two methods to get your icons back.

The first is to go to personlize>scene>load any other scene, then switch back.

The other is to go to settings>applications>manage applications>all>htc sense (the first one that shows the sense clock widget)>Force stop>OK.

When sense UI reloads, all your icons will be displayed correctly.

I just tried your second option and it worked GREAT.  Thanks, Rick

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat