cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Much longer of a wait for OTA UPDATE FOR EVO 3D

Journeyman

Sprint/Htc needs to resolve  these issues a liitle bit FASTER..The signal sucks with this phone...never happened in the same area with my Evo 4G ..my freakin Mougal got better signal then the 3D...and theres some kind of heat issue going on...today my phone was burning up in my hand because I was on the internet for bout 45 minutes...lol....not the first time this phone got Hot...I got like 7 more days left before my 30 day period and dont know if this phones gonna fail.. I really trying to hold on and wait out for the big UPDATE, but if its coming sometime in like September then its gonna be a big loss for me and the 3D..I think Sprint should resolve these issues a lilttle bit quicker

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Yes, what is going on with the reception on this phone?  I also had a Mogul and never had a problem with reception and could always hear the people I was talking with.   Now at my house,  I get 0-1 bars and every other word is dropped off,  or so garbled I can't understand what they are saying (which is usually,  what did you say?).    This is Sprint's flagship phone, and we shouldnt' be having these issues.

Highlighted

I'm not trying to diminish your experience but I have both a 4g and 3g side by side and they both get the same reception.  I have noticed a lot more dropped calls lately and when I checked on it I found it wasn't the phone but the towers and more specifically the overwhelming data usage.  Sprint recently changed there roaming agreements with other carriers and is now having to transfer more data through less towers.  They (Sprint) said they are working on this and I sure hope they are because I didn't buy this to be used only on wifi.  Hope this helps, Rick

Journeyman

Re: How Much longer of a wait for OTA UPDATE FOR EVO 3D

i travel everyday on a train for bout 70 minutes..i never had issues when on the train using the internet on the 4G...the 3D has issues on the same trip.. i will get no signals in some spots it would be roaming.. This phone shouldn't do this.. All of my phones with sprint never had this issue and i really don't think its the phone because i went to sprint and they ran a diagnostic test and said phone was fine.. i dont know what to do.. i mite resurrect the 4g again.. time is running out, i do like the 3d alot but it needs to atleast get a good of signal like the E4G

Journeyman

Re: How Much longer of a wait for OTA UPDATE FOR EVO 3D

My guess is they will do a OTA Update for EVO 3D when they unlock the bootloaders, therefore just one big patch. Which it should be coming for the EVO 3D in August sometime.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat