cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install apps FROM sd card?

SOLVED
Journeyman

Hello everyone, it's been a week since switching to an EVO 3D from my Epic and I couldn't be happier. This phone truly is everything the Epic was not, starting with it not being a Samsung lol.

Anyway, my question is this: I saved some apps onto my SD card from my Epic and now I want to load those apps onto my Evo 3D. How do I go about doing that? Thank you in advance!

12 REPLIES
Journeyman

Seriously? No one?

Highlighted

Re: How to install apps FROM sd card?

It shold be pretty much the same: Go to setting>applications>manage applications>all>then click on the app and choose move to phone if available.  Rick

GrandMaster

if memory serves you cant save the actual app on your sd card. most of the information will be saved on it. but not the actual app. same applies if you do a factory reset and have those apps on your sd card. once the phone is back up and running your apps are no longer.( even if you remove the sd card). there are a few 3rd party apps out there that will save your apps so you can go back in and readd them. appbrain is one of them. others might know some more that are better.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others where we can when we can. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

Go to Menu- Applications-Tap on an application that is on the SD Card-there should be an option to "Move to Phone."

GrandMaster

he's trying to move the apps from a EPIC to his EVO 3D through the sd cards

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others where we can when we can. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

The Apps that you have downloaded it to SD card were from Android Market or from a different source? If you've downloaded the Apps from  the Market, then you need to go to Market and re-download the App to your EVO 3D.

Journeyman

I don't think you can do what you're trying to do... you just need to re-install your apps from the Market.

Journeyman

I downloaded Music Online Lite, a music downloader program that's no longer avaiable on the market. I saved it onto the sd card on my Epic. Now I can't seem to find what apps have been saved on my sd card. I also purchased some apps and saved them onto my sd card and can't find them.

Also, are there any music downloader programs still in the market? It seems like they have all been removed.

GrandMaster

either way you'll have to reload them. the data and main information will save onto the sd card. but the actual app stays on the phone. if this werent the case no one would complain about having to do factory resets of their phone since the main problem is going back in and reloading all the apps you had before. had to do it yesterday and i removed the sd card before hand. all apps gone. even the ones stored to the sd card.

the purchased apps should be in your "my apps" area of the market. if you reload them and get charged call sprint and they will fix that.

as for music downloader programs i had a great one..but unfortunatly after said reset i forgot what it was called lol.