cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I could really use your input, PLEASE :)

Journeyman

I currently have the Samsung Epic 4g (for about a year) and have absolutely HAD IT with Samsung and their piece of crap phones. I'm eligible for an upgrade now, and am really leaning on getting the EVO 3D, and was wondering about the quality of this device (compared to the regular EVO 4G), what kinds of bugs I can expect, the antenna strength, etc. Whatever opinions you can give me, I would really appreciate it!  Thanks everyone, and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: I could really use your input, PLEASE :)

Well, like all HTC phones, the external speaker is cheap, quiet, and tinny-sounding. Not good if you plan on being in noisy environments. The WiFi antenna on the Evo 3D doesn't seem to be as problematic as some other recent HTC phones. The battery life depends wildly on your usage. If you leave all the radios on all day and use the phone extensively, expect to charge it frequently throughout the day. If you are aggressive about turning off, say, the Bluetooth and 4G radio when you don't need them, the battery life is decent, but nothing to write home about. The screen doesn't work well in strong sunlight, but at least it lacks the annoying dithering of the PenTile subpixel arrangement found on other phones such as the Motorola Photon.

The GPS accuracy is (as usual with HTC) very good, and Sense 3.0 is the best of any of the manufacturers. HTC also tends to put out firmware updates more quickly than other manufacturers. The performance of the phone is excellent and snappy. The 3D is genuinely nifty is you're into that sort of thing (to be honest, I hardly ever use it).

Personally, I am highly dependant upon GPS accuracy, and I couldn't stand the PenTile dithering on the Photon, so I chose the Evo 3D and I'm happy with it.

Oh, and I also will never buy a Samsung phone ever again. Their screens are truly amazing, but not good enough to make up for most of the other nonsense.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks so much for your reply   Yeah, I'm really agressive about keeping the other radios off unless I need them. Whenever I DL something, or surf while at home, I just tap into our WIFI or flip in into 4G for a bit. With my Epic, I barely get ANY signal in the house, 3G or 4G, and to use WIFI, I have to me near my router. It's ridiculous. My dad and sisters all have HTC products (my dad the Hero, my sisters the EVO) and have never had issues. I thought I was just cursed, lol, but it's the crap Samsung products. I'm going to get my new phone Thirsday night, so if anyone else has any input, I'm all ears. Thanks you all

Journeyman

i have the evo 3d.. its a nice phone realy nice phone just sad its cripples with sprint network... id get the droid razr if i could do it all over

GrandMaster

i bounce around alot of the forums in here(cures boredom while at work) and the 3D has had the least amount of complaints thus far compared to say the phantom or the epic touch....we wont even go there with the nexus s...  the newest for the HTC family is the evo design.. but personally i wouldnt go for that one.. its kind of a downgrade in my opinion. single core processor comapred to the 3D and its dual core. a lesser mp camera than the evo 4G. oh but wait...its a world phone..lol

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

world phone ... as in it exepts a sim card and can work on the gsm network?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat