cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICS Bugs/Issues...Sprint please release update to address!!!

Journeyman

ICS Bugs/Issues...Sprint please release update to address!!!

Can no longer remove the bloatware from phone, if you do a factory reset after the update (Blockbuster, Spiderman, 3D games, Telenav, Qik, etc etc)

Volume settings change to silent on their own.  Not sure what triggers this, but it made my alarm volume silent, and I was late to work this morning because of it.

Battery life is def worse since the update.  You would think it would/should get better.

Please post any others you have noticed.  You would think that since the update came out 2 months later than it should have, they would have all the bugs worked out.

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Wizard

Re: ICS Bugs/Issues...Sprint please release update to address!!!

Can't speak about the bloatware.  I removed those back with GB. 

All my volume settings were normal.  I thought there was something wrong with my text messages notifications, but it was the text app I use.  Reset the notification sound and its back to normal. 

Battery life is the same or slightly better.  Before update, battery life was 20 hours with casual use (text, email, calls, very little web browsing).  After update, battery life is still 20 hours, but I have had the screen active much more messing with the new features.  I should note that I use the Juice Defender app.

The hotspot feature activates whenever I use my card dock and I get a message saying that gmail needs permissions for one of my gmail accounts if my phone has been inactive for a while.   My Wi-Fi shows no bars most of the time, but I still have a strong connection.  Also, when I add an app to the home screen, it takes much longer to generate the list of apps.

Other than that, my phone has been working great as always.

Journeyman

In regards to the docking issue, see this thread: Car Dock automatically enables Sprint Hotspot

Master

I have tried so many times and was never able to remove bloadwares, how can you without rooting???

If someone can help on that please...

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Sprint Employee

relating to your volume going to silent. Do you use a Bluetooth, or wired headset from time to time?

No longer working Community Response.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat