cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICS Dates and events

Highlighted
Journeyman

ICS Dates and events

I welcome any corrections to these dates and events but, my main reason for posting these is to try to clear up some of the very weak defenses that have been offered about ICS update. Things about time needed to work out bugs really seem like hogwash when you back up and look at how much development is happening, I intentionally didn't include dates of indie DEVs because that really makes Sprint's foot-dragging look even worse. I went ahead and rooted my device and will not purchase a LTE device of do any sort of upgrading via Sprint until the LTE network is offically running in my town (I've read the post about WiMAX never showing up in some places) or unless my 3D bites it (but I do have old androids around to limp with). But anyhow, when I look at how things have been  happening around 4.0 it looks like only a carrier loyalist and fan would think or defend the idea the Sprint is working hard to deliver the update and not trying to get us to buy the new handset ahead of the LTE network.

May 10th 2011 The Android Alliance is a special task force dedicated to delivering Android updates quickly and efficiently to all devices for 18 months after they're released.

June 24th 2011 Sprint's HTC EVO 3D Launched

November 14th 2011 Google releases Android 4 source code

March 22nd 2012 HTC Vivid on AT&T gets Android 4.0 udpate, AT&T 1st carrier to update from GB to ICS

March 29th 2012 Sprint talks end of WiMAX, LTE coverage map leaks

April 5th 2012 official update to ICS Samsung Nexus S 4G (phone was originally realesaed May 8th 2011)(Sprint was 2nd with update on a Nexus device...wow)

Apr 21st 2012 HTC EVO 3D End Of Life by Sprint

May 21st 2012 HTC EVO 4G LTE officially cleared to ship

May 31st 2012 HTC EVO V 4G Launches on Virgin Mobile running ICS

July 7th 2012 Sprint's HTC EVO 3D still running Gingerbread officially

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: ICS Dates and events

Offical comment from HTC... "The rollout time frame for ICS for your phone is June-July. Due to localization, testing, and partner approvals, updates do not roll out to all devices at the same time. For devices on a wide variety of carriers and in many countries, rollouts can take up to 45 days from the initial update to reach everyone."

My thought, if the rollout began in June it should be completed by August.

Journeyman

Re: ICS Dates and events

Sounds good on paper but because of this

May 31st 2012 HTC EVO V 4G Launches on Virgin Mobile running ICS

being the same phone outside of VM's own overlay and running on the Sprint network, how do we explain this delay logically beyond an internal choice?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat